x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Smartbook G138 is here!!!

1 2 3 4 5
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-07-25 8:08 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

thanks for the interesting pic's! is the 780 yours?
i still don't get it why you're saying MP is larger... never mind just different opinions..
FYI, if you use the full screen function on the MP900, web browsing experience becomes a lot better! i'm not kidding.. i like it very much! (i'm ok with HVGA mostly but some fancy websites require more )
i don't think i could get used to one slot... so i'm happy with my 900 (or i would be.. erm another story)
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2005-07-25 8:41 PM
#
H/PC Elder

WOW that's an incredible text-smiley ratio there cmonex

As I said in my last post, that MP780 belongs to another member in a local PPC club. I took the picture at the meeting, which took place in a nice little cafe with free WiFi. I know the pictures kinda look like they're the same size. I should've taken another picture comparing their width, which would show the difference, which is about an inch, or the length of a typical WiFi antennae
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-07-25 8:49 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

hehehe i use way too many smileys sometimes..

sorry i wasn't reading your earlier post carefully

you should take another pic then, please!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-08-23 6:46 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

one of my friends (in hungary) is quite interested in a smartbook G138 or variant.

he has only one question: does it have a serial port for a serial GPS? or anything you can hook up a GPS to? don't count the CF slot as it will be used for storing the maps... 128 MB ram isn't enough for the map of a bigger country. (it's enough for hungary though even at a very detailed level)

i promised him i'll ask users of the smartbook (i couldn't find anything about it in the specifications)

so thanks for any answer.
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2005-08-23 9:57 PM
#
H/PC Elder

I'm afraid I have bad news I think I said somewhere in the original posts; there is no serial or infrared

The only communications built-in are: Ethernet, GPRS, and USB sync client (not a host). And the only expansion is the CF slot. Even if you use that, I can't think of a CE-compatible serial port or infrared solution thru it - I haven't exactly looked tho.

However, I vaguely remember there is a CF GPS adapter with built-in memory for maps, so you should check it out and see if it would run under CE.Net.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-08-23 10:29 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

ah. thanks for your fast answer!
i was afraid this is the case so it's no good for navigation except in hungary (the hun maps aren't larger than 20 MB). destinator runs so nicely on 800x480 though..

anyway thanks for the tip, we'll look at that cf gps maybe.
a gps should be compatible with everything (the map+gps software will handle it and that's it, afaik).

edit: heheh i found the gps you were referring to. syson with 256 or 512 MB (or maybe even 1 GB!) flash memory very cool.

Edited by cmonex 2005-08-23 10:32 PM
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4 5
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.234 - Cached queries : 45 - Executed queries : 31