x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

My entire Windows CE Family minus 1

1 2 3 4 5
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2005-04-07 6:07 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

GPS! I want to get one for myself
 Top of the page
Nick Charlton Page Icon Posted 2005-04-07 7:21 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Thanks Snappy!

stingraze - 2005-04-07 11:07 PM

GPS! I want to get one for myself

When I was looking for mine most of the listings on eBay were shippments from Singapore (I think) So you should be able to get one in Japan

Nick
 Top of the page
matrixcore Page Icon Posted 2005-06-07 5:43 AM
#
H/PC Elite

ok, before my family starts having family trouble and dissintegration, i'm sharing a pic of them.

clockwise, starting in bottom-center and finishing in bottom-right

Jornada 728 (Clyde) regular use device, got it like 4 months ago
Jornada 720 (Pinky2) got it 4 days ago, used only once. it's the first time i've two j7xx working devices at the same time
Jornada 680 (Blinky) My first HPC, I won't sell it ever, but i'm considering giving it to my gf, got it around september last year.
Ipaq h3635 (Inky) used as mp3 player, got it around February 2k5
Jornada 680 (This one never got a name... even though, it'll be sad to part it), got it around march 2k5
Jornada 720 (Pinky) in coma at the time of this writing, needs a new mobo & screen got it around January 2k5, this was my first j7xx series

And the cards, starting left to right:
Prolink PK203 VGA-Out CF card with remote control (shown right to it)
6-in-1 Multi memory card reader
HP VGA-Out card
3Com 3CXM556 Modem (used before Blinky was a 680, cos' it was born a 680e)
SMC EZ Connect WiFi Card
Socketcom Socket-LPE CF Card

BTW- My sister's Ipaq (same model as above) and my dad's J680 aren't depicted here, as i do not consider them part of my "core" family. Also, i do not consider the 5 other J680's i've sold in the past 6 months, because they only stayed with me for a few days; it would have been funny to have a pic of them, though

Edited by matrixcore 2005-06-07 5:50 AM

(pic070605_7.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments pic070605_7.jpg (92KB - 44 downloads)
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-06-07 6:54 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Someone likes Pacman

Pinky poor pinky. Your brood sounds like a well H/PC'd up clan. Who was the first one in the family to get a H/PC?
 Top of the page
matrixcore Page Icon Posted 2005-06-08 3:18 PM
#
H/PC Elite

I did, of course. as i'm the most tech-saavy person in my family. In fact, my dad got his J because he looked at mine and asked me if that was a calculator or what, so i explained him and he told me immediately "I want one of those!!" The first day he got it, he spent like 7 hours in front of the machine, typing all his contacts' info (previously in a paper agenda) into the J

And yes, it's so sad about pinky. here's the story:
i bought it (pinky) for about $300, but like 15 days after getting it, a deal popped out: $1000 MXP (about $86 USD) for a J728, but with a fried mobo. I bought it instantly, and yes, the mobo had gotten fried, because the previous owner plugged a higher amperage AC adaptor instead of the correct one. so i supposed that the memory would be intact, and replaced that j728's (clyde) with pinky's mobo. so pinky has been non operational since the day it saved it's sister. I'll like to fix it, but screens are too damn expensive (about $80-100 a pop). The mobo will be ok to buy, because they only cost like $50 or so.

oh, and i almost forgot: yesterday i traded the iPAQ for a j720!!!. plain trade!! quite a good deal, isn't it? i'll post a new pic with all the family (all mine + dad's and sista's ppc) soon.

Edited by matrixcore 2005-06-08 3:22 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-06-18 5:13 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

wondering if i should post an updated pic of my pda family.. not all of them are windows ce but it was true of my earlier pic in this thread so why not. i won't include my dead palm though nor the windows laptop this time.

(mypdas.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments mypdas.jpg (79KB - 24 downloads)
 Top of the page
Wessex_nut Page Icon Posted 2005-07-19 12:33 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Heres my family, not all have Windows CE on them!

NEW on the 15th July 2005
ONE Windows XP Home laptop, complete with a centrino processor and (unusually!) a Serial port!

(the battery has been removed for heat reasons, I usually remove the batteries from my laptop and place them in a cooler place, so they last longer. Or so the theroy is!)
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-07-19 12:51 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

oh, nice family lol the bottom of the 790 is the same as the 900?

ok, i'll put another pic here... again updated only about my main hpc's, though. the others are already covered

edit: i couldn't find a good pic so there are also the others in the background
oh i see it was the 900 with hpc2000.. should change it to a pic with ce.net

Edited by cmonex 2005-07-19 12:58 PM

(HPIM09941.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments HPIM09941.JPG (54KB - 8 downloads)
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2005-07-19 3:18 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Wow, some of you are really loaded with gear. I can't find my cam at the moment but....
I found myself another 6651 in a local pawn shop this morning. It had just been put up for sale. After much haggling I got it for a reasonable price! Wow, I'm on cloud 9 right now.

So my fleet now consists of

2 Intermec 6651's, both hpc2k OS
Casio E200 PPC with pccard sled & USB hosting
Jornada 565 PPC with thumbboard

Many assorted wireless cards, (6 or 7 in total), CF gps card, various usb hubs, (powered and not), a couple pcmcia-cf adapters, 2x256mb CF , 512mb CF, 512mb SD, 20gb usb jukebox, 40gb external 2.5" hdd with usb/firewire.

That about sums it up. All my searching for another unit is over
 Top of the page
corporate
corporate Page Icon Posted 2005-07-19 3:36 PM
#
wallythacker - 2005-07-19 1:18 PM

Wow, some of you are really loaded with gear. I can't find my cam at the moment but....
I found myself another 6651 in a local pawn shop this morning. It had just been put up for sale. After much haggling I got it for a reasonable price! Wow, I'm on cloud 9 right now.

So my fleet now consists of

2 Intermec 6651's, both hpc2k OS
Casio E200 PPC with pccard sled & USB hosting
Jornada 565 PPC with thumbboard

Many assorted wireless cards, (6 or 7 in total), CF gps card, various usb hubs, (powered and not), a couple pcmcia-cf adapters, 2x256mb CF , 512mb CF, 512mb SD, 20gb usb jukebox, 40gb external 2.5" hdd with usb/firewire.

That about sums it up. All my searching for another unit is over

Lucky! I'm exceedingly jealous, to say the least!

I'll take a picture when I get home, but there's not much to take a picture of

Just my MobilePro 790 w/512MB CF card and Netgear MA401 PCMCIA wireless card. If I can steal it from her for a minute I'll get my (now my girlfriend's) Clie SJ20 in on the party too, complete with very sexy leather case
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2005-07-19 4:38 PM
#
H/PC Elder

I believe in fate, serendipity or whatever you like to call it. A few important things in life (to me) have turned up when I wasn't expecting it.

I should have mentioned my fleet of *impulse* gear. Before I got the hpc bug I was in tiny laptop mode. I have a number of Libretto 50ct units which actually get used a lot. They are my AS partners and remote terminals for email and whatnot. I find it convenient to have a tiny Win box on the table beside my 6651 for certain things.

I have an Amity tablet as mentioned before, it's a great little unit for the specs it has. It's the primary car nav and entertainment system. I treat my 6651(s) like gold and reserve it/them for certain things. It/they aren't knockabout units.

Finally, a Fujitsu 510 tablet. Same deal, impulse buy, very cheap, came with a 2300 pen which I sold to defray the cost. It collects dust

Guess I'll be cleaning up the 510 and a 50ct or two for Ebay. We'll see.

Edited by wallythacker 2005-07-19 4:42 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-07-19 5:12 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

hey. for what price are you selling them?
 Top of the page
corporate
corporate Page Icon Posted 2005-07-19 5:45 PM
#
cmonex - 2005-07-19 3:12 PM

hey. for what price are you selling them?

BACK OFF, GET YOUR OWN SANDWICH!

That commercial may have never aired in Hungary, though
 Top of the page
Wessex_nut Page Icon Posted 2005-07-19 5:46 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

cmonex - 2005-07-19 5:51 PM

oh, nice family lol the bottom of the 790 is the same as the 900?

Note, I put a little thought into my scene, if you look closely, you will see the old laptop, which now ends up on my desk from time to time, just mainly sits idle now! (And I thought the DVD boxes of Trainz were to add a little personality to my desk! )
Note the mobile phones, the Nokia 3650 is currently OOU, strangely enough, so is my motorola A835, because I am trying to unlock it for the Vodaphone UK network, rather than 3G UK. Oh and yes, my Sharp GX25 does work with no hassle from my Mobile Pro 780 (Sorry, Cmonex, it is not a Mobile Pro 790, I wish it was! - Btw, is that suppose to be Connex? As in Connex South Central Train services Ltd?)
So, who ever has the Hardware Compatability list, sorry I cannot remember your nickname off my head at this moment in time, can add that mobile phone. Just set it up for Infrared, dial and away you go.
Same for the Nokia 6021, which is unusal, I was pretty sceptical when I receieved it, because I thought it wouldn't work.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-07-19 6:07 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

Wessex_nut - 2005-07-19 11:46 PM

(Sorry, Cmonex, it is not a Mobile Pro 790, I wish it was! - Btw, is that suppose to be Connex? As in Connex South Central Train services Ltd?)
So, who ever has the Hardware Compatability list, sorry I cannot remember your nickname off my head at this moment in time, can add that mobile phone. Just set it up for Infrared, dial and away you go.
Same for the Nokia 6021, which is unusal, I was pretty sceptical when I receieved it, because I thought it wouldn't work.

i think you should go to the HCL now and add these items yourself because C:Amie would like it more
the origin of my name isn't connex or whatever , just my real name. sorry to disappoint you
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4 5
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.359 - Cached queries : 68 - Executed queries : 14