x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

My entire Windows CE Family minus 1

1 2 3 4 5
Wessex_nut Page Icon Posted 2005-07-21 10:53 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

C:Amie - 2005-07-20 5:51 PM

Clevo are the Asian manufacturers, the devices are rebadged in other countries. In the UK as Mesh, ACi and Evsham amongst others. I know nothing of the US market.

Welcome to mobile freedom, welcome to HPC:Factor

The previous one I had (The previous Clevo) was one rebadged by Novatech, they didn't do well hiding the laptops former identiy, most of these companies are no more than distributers, rather than manufactures (as some claim to be).

As for brand names? I don't really like brand names as the specs seem to be too little and the price too much. Not only that, but they generally don't have what I need. Having said that, I quite like one of my fathers 2 Ferrari laptops by Acer! Nice, speedy and flashy, just that they have a parallel port instead of a serial port (OH DAMM!!! ).

On the other hand, if you go for the higher price items, this laptop for example is worth over £1,000 when new, then you would get a better quality product, its when you hit the "hundreds" these days that components become cheaper and the laptops become more and more problematic, look at the state of my IPC after 4 years of wear and tear and then look at my old clevo and you will see what I mean. This one seems to be a lot more better in quality and the previous user seemed to of used it very extensively. S/he even broke the PC card eject lever off! (Well, it was only £409 off ebay, inc devilvery!)
 Top of the page
Wessex_nut Page Icon Posted 2005-07-21 10:59 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

C:Amie - 2005-07-20 4:34 PM

So what do you get up to at trade shows?

Demostrating Trainz at Warley mainily (Takes place EVERY December at the NEC Birmingham, for the last 2 year, in hall 1.).
If you like trains and model railways, then you'd love the show. If you want to say Hi, I should (providing Miss Thompson allows me) be on the Trainz Railroad Sim Stand. I got to find the stand number first!

I may release a few hundred objects at the same time, so it won't be unsual to see one of my items I contributed. 2 years ago, I was at that show, and I was red as anything when I added my item to a computer, they used it, then a load of clapping thinking, "I DID IT RIGHT!!"
Either way, I was embarrased......!
 Top of the page
1 2 3 4 5
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 59 - Executed queries : 9