x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Would Like To Buy HPC2000 Device

1 2
Anaya
Anaya Page Icon Posted 2005-04-04 4:54 PM
#
For School...

Something that I can use for notes/writing papers on the go at school and connect to the internet with my PCMCIA WiFi Card.

Does anyone anything for sale that would fit this bill.

I would prefer something that is reliable and has decent battery life that is not beat to hell.
 Top of the page
Nick Charlton Page Icon Posted 2005-04-04 5:31 PM
#
H/PC Elite

A HP Jornada 720 would be good fo you, look for my thread about 'Recomended H/PC running H/PC 2000'

Nick
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-04-04 6:08 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Agreed on the 720 although I own a NEC MobilePro790 (short 790 or MP790). The J720 is smaller and handier than the 790, and in retrospect, I would have fork out a bit more for it.

If price is an issue and size is not, the 790 is something to look at.
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-04-04 7:12 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

720, nice and compact, with a great battery life and keyboard.

But if you have plenty of money and buy TextMaker, you can get the new SmartBook G138

EDIT: H/PC Sensei

Edited by ProgramSynthesiser 2005-04-04 7:18 PM
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2005-04-05 9:21 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Anaya, YGPM!

(Any regulars on the forums who can take a hint would know what I'm trying to sell, lol)
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-04-05 9:57 PM
#
H/PC Elder

ProgramSynthesiser - 2005-04-04 5:12 PM

720, nice and compact, with a great battery life and keyboard.

But if you have plenty of money and buy TextMaker, you can get the new SmartBook G138

EDIT: H/PC Sensei

All hail the new Sensei! Konnichiwa Sensei!
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2005-04-06 12:07 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Anaya - 2005-04-04 3:54 PM

For School...

Something that I can use for notes/writing papers on the go at school and connect to the internet with my PCMCIA WiFi Card.

I would prefer something that is reliable and has decent battery life that is not beat to hell.

The Jornada 680 would be ideal for your needs, although it is not a HPC2000 Device, but for what you need, it may fit the bill. It is a lot less expencive.
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2005-04-08 3:06 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Hi, Anaya, I see you still haven't received the private message from me.
Please click on the "inbox" link (which should be in red) near the top of the page.
 Top of the page
Uncle Ben Page Icon Posted 2005-04-08 5:50 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Anaya - 2005-04-04 4:54 PM

For School...

Hi, Anaya. Well, all the recommendations you've received will work, no doubt; but some will work better than others. If you intend to use your H/PC for text a lot, and if you touch-type (I define a touch-typist as someone who can type 60 wpm or more without looking at the kbd), then you may want to consider the MobilePro line. I have had a 720 for a few years, I've been using a NEC MobilePro 900 for a bit over a year, and I can tell you that I would NEVER go back to the smaller HP 7XX keyboard. Anyone who tells you that they can touch-type on an HP72X is either using the wrong definition of "touch-typing" or is not being objective. That being said, if portatbility is a big issue for you, the HP 72X's are a lot more portable than the Pro's. That's my two cents, period, over and out!
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-04-08 11:29 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Uncle Ben - 2005-04-08 3:50 AM

Hi, Anaya. Well, all the recommendations you've received will work, no doubt; but some will work better than others. If you intend to use your H/PC for text a lot, and if you touch-type (I define a touch-typist as someone who can type 60 wpm or more without looking at the kbd), then you may want to consider the MobilePro line. I have had a 720 for a few years, I've been using a NEC MobilePro 900 for a bit over a year, and I can tell you that I would NEVER go back to the smaller HP 7XX keyboard. Anyone who tells you that they can touch-type on an HP72X is either using the wrong definition of "touch-typing" or is not being objective. That being said, if portatbility is a big issue for you, the HP 72X's are a lot more portable than the Pro's. That's my two cents, period, over and out!

hehe ... could not resist the "challenge" ... so here's a short video showing my "less-than-perfect" touchtyping on a 680e ...
http://www.geocities.com/direct2system/tt.wmv

It is really tricky trying to aim the webcam at the keyboard and screen while touchtyping! ... hehe ... but I managed to scrap through ... more or less ...

... ...

ok ok, I confess. This was like my 3rd try or something. The first few tries, the camera was totally off. And I sometimes made mistakes ... ... So ... while one can touch-type on the 680e, albeit slowly ... it is definitely less comfy than doing it on a full size keyboard!

Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-04-08 6:13 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

Uncle Ben, by this definition, i can touch type, but by mine, i cannot not the usual fashion at least. but it works on the jornada too so i'm almost as fast with the 728 as with my PC.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-04-08 6:25 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

Snappy: nice video
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2005-04-08 8:59 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Yes snappy nice! good use of the thumbs.
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-04-08 10:42 PM
#
H/PC Elder

.... *bow* *bow* ...

I want to thank my 680e, the webcam, the sturdy 3yr old PC (running on C3 1Ghz /w 512MB ram (pc100!)) and Microsoft MovieMaker ... without them, the video clip would not be possible ... THANK YOU!! hehe
 Top of the page
Uncle Ben Page Icon Posted 2005-04-09 1:05 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I knew I would get a reaction or two on that post, movie clips and all!

Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 71 - Executed queries : 9