x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

bobconan
bobconan Page Icon Posted 2007-06-22 4:20 PM
#
Everytime I try to connect with another computer from my 780 it comes up garbled. I tried with an xp machine and server 2003 machine. 2003 is alot worse. And once im in the only way out is to reset. Any Ideas?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2007-06-22 5:39 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Do you have manadatory encryption running on the servers? Try checking group policy and reinstall the term server client.
 Top of the page
bobconan
bobconan Page Icon Posted 2007-06-22 8:44 PM
#
Im 90% certain there is no encryption in the remote desktop. Ill try my home comp and see.
 Top of the page
SirThoreth Page Icon Posted 2007-06-22 9:50 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

bobconan - 2007-06-22 1:20 PM

Everytime I try to connect with another computer from my 780 it comes up garbled. I tried with an xp machine and server 2003 machine. 2003 is alot worse. And once im in the only way out is to reset. Any Ideas?

While I understand that a true screenshot is pretty much out of the question, is there any way you can take a picture of what's going on and post it, or post a link to it? I'm not at all sure what you mean by garbled.

Also, are you connecting from the same LAN the XP and 2003 box are on, or are you connecting from off-site?

Lastly, I don't suppose you have a Windows 2000 server around you can try connecting to, do you?
 Top of the page
bobconan
bobconan Page Icon Posted 2007-06-23 10:16 AM
#
Ya is from the same network. When I log in you can definetly make out what your seeing but its not all together. Im getting to the login screen and i can tell its the login screen but thats it And it doesent appear that im interacting at all with it.

Edited by bobconan 2007-06-23 10:19 AM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2007-06-23 11:43 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Have you tried the second part of my suggestion yet?
 Top of the page
bobconan
bobconan Page Icon Posted 2007-06-24 2:34 PM
#
About reseting group policy?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2007-06-24 5:10 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Reinstalling the TS client on the H/PC.
 Top of the page
bobconan
bobconan Page Icon Posted 2007-06-24 10:50 PM
#
Ah, No i didnt try that yet but I i just tried to work it with my home pc (xp pro)and it its flawess.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2007-06-25 6:11 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Humm, on the failing systems ensure that the encryption setting is 'Client compatible' and not anything higher.
 Top of the page
bobconan
bobconan Page Icon Posted 2007-06-25 9:21 AM
#
It was currently set to client compatable. I Set it to low and I also set the thing on top to negotiate, it was set to rdp standard, and I get the same response. If I had to guess i would think that its forcing a high res screen at the login but when I goto the active sessions it regonizes 680 x 240. Its also saying I have Client build 9192.

Edited by bobconan 2007-06-25 9:24 AM
 Top of the page
bobconan
bobconan Page Icon Posted 2007-06-25 2:12 PM
#
Here is a picture

(PICT0005.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments PICT0005.JPG (74KB - 0 downloads)
 Top of the page
bobconan
bobconan Page Icon Posted 2007-06-28 4:24 PM
#
Problem solved. The dhcp server still had my handheld set up as the laptop that the wifi card was hooked up to last. Had support services kill the connection and renable. Now the dhcp just has a blank for the computer name but the rdp works. My handhelds device name is moo however.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2007-06-28 5:10 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I'm pleased you sussed it, but I'm perplexed on the issue, did you hard code the MAC to netbios name or something?
 Top of the page
bobconan
bobconan Page Icon Posted 2007-06-29 11:26 AM
#
Unfortunatly I dont do anything with the servers here(all done in minnesota). I do know that the ip address always stays the same since its the only wireless pc device in the building so since the mobilepro dosent seem to update its name dhcp just assumed it was the same as the last time the card was used. The router probably doesent release the ip's for a while either (same mac address same computer)
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 10