x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

WIFI 802.11 Roamabout Wireless and J680e

1 2 3
jpfx Page Icon Posted 2006-03-12 12:55 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Further...
I've never had problems installing the roamabout, but I' never let setup complete on my PC.
I run setup until it asks if I want to install in main memory, then i go to the activesync directory in c:\program files and look for the roamabout install directory, I copy the relevant cab file out of there, cancel the installation.
Finally, I copy the cab file onto my HPC and double click on it there.
This approach seems to work best for me for wireless cards in general.
 Top of the page
jpfx Page Icon Posted 2006-03-12 12:59 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

dhbegnaud - 2006-03-11 10:48 PM
Where would I look for if I have a hidden SSID?

the ssid is broadcast by your wireless router. To have it hidden you would have to have set it off yourself. This perhaps is not true for those 'single button' linksys routers where you press the tit and everything is supposed to work.
You should not set up your wireless with WEP enabled. Disable all encryption and get a connection first.

as for 64 or 128bit? both are easily crackable & 128bit has a higher processing overhead. So you might as well go without and use MAC address restriction or use 64bit. This will keep out casual neighbors but you aren't going to sop any wardrivers on the offensive.

Edited by jpfx 2006-03-12 1:03 PM
 Top of the page
eclare99
eclare99 Page Icon Posted 2008-02-07 5:29 PM
#
My Jornada 680 was working just great with an Intel pro/wireless 2011 Lan pc card 802.11b but something happened, and now I cannot get connected. I can still sync, and I've reinstalled (downloaded?) driver, but when I try to connect, with the card in the jornada, I get "enter the name of the driver for this pc card", and the slot shows "network card in socket 1". I have reset it several times; I think it should automatically "connect" but it doesn't.
Does anyone know what I should do now? (I don't know what to enter for "name of driver".
 Top of the page
eclare99
eclare99 Page Icon Posted 2008-02-10 2:30 PM
#
I found the solution in an microsoft forum:

"I went to the wcesetup.log by typing %temp% in the Run box

I saw the version conflicts saying it didn't copy the RAPI.DLL and CEUTIL.DLL file due to it being a newer version. So I searched for those two files and renamed them with the prefix "old" like oldrapi.dll (It wouldn't let me delete them for some reason)"

reinstalled 3.8, and everything is working great again!

eclare99 - 2008-02-07 5:29 PM

My Jornada 680 was working just great with an Intel pro/wireless 2011 Lan pc card 802.11b but something happened, and now I cannot get connected. I can still sync, and I've reinstalled (downloaded?) driver, but when I try to connect, with the card in the jornada, I get "enter the name of the driver for this pc card", and the slot shows "network card in socket 1". I have reset it several times; I think it should automatically "connect" but it doesn't.
Does anyone know what I should do now? (I don't know what to enter for "name of driver".
 Top of the page
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 8