x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

WIFI 802.11 Roamabout Wireless and J680e

1 2 3
mojordans Page Icon Posted 2005-04-05 1:14 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I have this WIFI Wireless and can't get it installed onto my Jornanda 680e. I opened the Wireless installation cd on my computer and chose the Jornada 680e as the driver file. I had to copy each file from the WIFI wireless onto my desktop (there were about 13 files) and then sync them onto my jornada. But they will not open (or install) onto my Jornada?? I keep getting a error message to Run the program first??? when i hit Run on my Jornada nothing happens????? HELP! how can i install this WIFI Wireless onto my Jornada 680e?
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-04-05 1:51 AM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

Calm down. I believe that those files are supposed to be installed using your pc, try double-clicking on them on it, instead of just copying them to the Jornada.

It work?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-04-05 8:09 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Moved to H/PC Pro support from News & Editorials
Warning issued
 Top of the page
mojordans Page Icon Posted 2005-04-05 11:41 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

i was able to transfer the files. thanks!! But now i have another problem...
wireless is strong..but now i can't get a internet connection. I have DSL and internet thru Bellsouth. Do i need to buy something else to connect?
 Top of the page
Maul Page Icon Posted 2005-04-05 1:52 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Hey mojo when you insert your card you should see the strength bar next to your clock on the bottom right. Click on that and it pulls up a screen providing you with Network information. At the top left click tools and then click "Edit Wireless Profiles". Your are then shown the Add/Edit Configuration Profile screen. Simply tap on one of the other profiles (your default is the first of the four, so tap the second one in the list) You don't need to actually edit the profile just select a different one and then try to connect. This works for me. In some cases if find it necessary to perform a soft reset if switching profiles doesn't work. Hope that helps.
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-04-05 7:06 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

Can you connect with other programs than PIE? Like ceftp or something. Because then it could be a various range of problems causing that, like a cache that needs to be cleared or a setting.
 Top of the page
knifeco Page Icon Posted 2005-04-25 10:34 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I am having the exact same problem. I have done the steps outlined here and I still cannot connect. I can view my router and even change settings but no internet! Any ideas!!

Thank you in advance
 Top of the page
matrixcore Page Icon Posted 2005-04-25 11:50 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Maybe disabling the proxy settings in IE will do it

Hope this helps

OMG!! i almost forget my smiley in "Hope it helps "

issue corrected now

Edited by matrixcore 2005-04-25 11:53 PM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-04-26 7:58 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

knifeco,

This usually means a DNS or Gateway problem. Check your settings using vxUtil:
http://www.hpcfactor.com/qlink/?linkID=36
 Top of the page
gulfwindx Page Icon Posted 2005-04-26 4:49 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Guess what....I had the same problem I bought a Roam-About off E-Bay (Great Seller very helpful) being new to Win CE 2.11 actually all of CE, I spent about 3 hours yesterday. Installation of the Driver went well(HP JORNADA 820 Included with the RoamAboutWi-Fi Card) my Jornada had all 5 bar's glowing green (on the task bar lower right by clock) I could not connect to the INTERNET no matter what I tried. I figured I got a defective card, but as a test I put the card in my Compaq Laptop (7030US) and it worked fine. I have a D-Link wireless router DI-524 it always worked great I knew enough to have my WEP-WAP turned off.I now knew the card worked so I put the 820 in my Quad Cab for a test around the block Guess what I was on line with someones WI-Fi connection. Here was my FIX hope it helps someone I use a Wizard to config my router in one of the settings you have to put a check weater to enable or un-enable the WEP I ran that Wizard 15 times with the check in the "un-enable" choice ,hence I knew the WEP was "off".WRONG there is also a wireless tab that i never use but decided to look there low and behold the "ENABLE" was checked!! Hope this helps you folks One more thing The card I received (RoamAbout)came with a magnetic roof mount Antenna. During a 1 1/2 mile trip I found 19 (HOT SPOTS) only 2 were encrypted. I then made the same trip with the antenna on the roof and got 28 hits
 Top of the page
gulfwindx Page Icon Posted 2005-04-26 4:58 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

WHAT THE (fill in) IS A WARNING???????????????????? SEEMED LIKE A GOOD QUESTION
 Top of the page
matrixcore Page Icon Posted 2005-04-26 6:37 PM
#
H/PC Elite

methinks you've been warned because you posted in "news and editorials", instead of Tech Support -> H/PC Pro
 Top of the page
HPCleo Page Icon Posted 2005-04-26 10:39 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I bought a Jornada 680E and a Roamabout wireless card. The instructions was Load onto Pc and transfer to J680e Via Active Sync. I Went to A T-Mobile Hotspot and called the rep to help me out. I was able to hook up to the opening page but it would not let me log on. The rep said I probably had either a defective browser and maybe needed to get a newer version. Then I emailed HP and they sent me a 128Bit encrption patch. he said that was the problem. We downloaded it. I went back to the Hotspot location and this time I couldn't even get on the home page.

Then I tried out a different WiFi spot changed the SSID to 'any' per instructions. This time it picked up a strong signal-it said it was excellent. But when I opened Explorer and typed in a website address, it gave me the same message that it couldn't locate the website address and to verify it is correct and try again. It is very frustrating and because I am such a novice I really am getting no where. I don't understand about proxy settings or anything else. Could it be the browser software? Should I try to find a new version of Explorer? The other confusing thing is that the seller of the wireless card said I was the only one who had trouble getting on. I am wondering if it is the unit itself, that maybe the 680E, not the 680 version doesn't work well with a wireless card. Please help.
 Top of the page
PS - Quick Checkin
PS - Quick Checkin Page Icon Posted 2005-04-27 1:14 AM
#
Well - thought I would come back for this...

A warning is what an admin issues when you do something against the rules - at least by a lot. Do not shout, what an admin says is FINAL, and there is no worth in even trying to be against it.

- Glad it is working!

--Hmmm, I might post a bit more...
 Top of the page
knifeco Page Icon Posted 2005-04-27 7:13 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

To all my fellow Jornada 680e users.... I have answered my own question. You will need a universal wireless system. I had a hunch that the roamabout card would not connect to 802.11b or G. I purchased a linksys universal a,b and g and it worked on the first try!!! My wife is now happy again
 Top of the page
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.233 - Cached queries : 66 - Executed queries : 14