x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Call for help: True Screen Diagonals

1 2 3 4
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-10-19 10:52 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

wow, i forgot about this.. and also the smartbook roms.. i'll need to get around to this soon.
 Top of the page Quote Reply
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2007-11-04 6:03 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Thank-ye
takwu Page Icon Posted 2007-11-04 9:48 PM
#
H/PC Elder

For Smartbook G138, your current "Software in ROM" is blank. But I found a few things that could be mentioned:

In Control Panel
- Flash Image Update. Well, it's there and you might want to use it sometimes
- Buffalo WLI-CF-S11G driver. Worked with my Linksys WCF12, so I suppose it's compatible with any PRISM 2.5/3 adapters.

In Windows folder
- PenMount Draw Demo (drawdemo.exe). All you got in ROM if you want to draw stuff. Kinda useless as you cannot save whatever you draw. But it does entertain if you like to doodle without killing trees
- RB (rbutton.exe). Tap it once and your next tap will be a right mouse button.
- RFMON. Turns on the GPRS module... No idea how it works or why you need it??
- Hardware Test (testhw.exe). Tests a lot of stuff in Smartbook - even the system LED, try it
- visadm.exe. What the heck is this?

Well, I guess these are really quite unimportant software, but they are in ROM nonetheless. And I *think* they are not standard CE 4.2 software, correct me if I'm wrong though.

There is also a bunch of command line executables. I have no idea what they do and whether they are standard.
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-11-04 10:27 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

eh i hate the flash image update... ethernet flash is much better and should be safer too

the buffalo doesn't exactly prefer my senao CF but works so so...just keeps forgetting driver name :sigh:

i didn't discover the RB

i love testcom.exe though - ever found that one? yes it is command line... you type in a physical address, memory, ram, rom, any memory mapped io and you can attempt to read from or write to it!! it works even on jornada after editing OS version in the exe

visadm is standard CE stuff.

Edited by cmonex 2007-11-04 10:28 PM
1 2 3 4
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 8