x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Happy Jornada 820 user joins up

Scythian Page Icon Posted 2007-07-04 1:14 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I've just found a USB-FLASH driver for my recently acquired J820 and I'm very pleased! Really thought I wouldn't.

The driver is the USBclik jobby for the NEC 900, and I found the info on this site.
It brings the machine 10 years forward, and makes modern laptop users jealous!
Couldn't not join after that....

I'm hoping to find some C++ compilation info in the dev section, as I've had no success so far, either with the eVC3 or eVC4.

I use the machine as a "portable math workstaion", trying to get a decent HP49 setup running (Emu48). I've also got the Java-like Ewe running on it, it looks promising.

Always glad to talk about mobile development.

Many thanks to this sites originators!

Top of the page
futaris Page Icon Posted 2007-07-05 11:03 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

You'll have to either use linux on the Jornada 820, or downgrade back to eVC2 I think, since it uses HPC/Pro...

If you use debian, you can just run the hp48 emulator on that. I think it's in the arm repository.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-07-06 1:36 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

evc3 supports hpc pro

i've not heard of evc2
 Top of the page
Scythian Page Icon Posted 2007-07-06 4:57 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

cmonex - 2007-07-06 6:36 AM

evc3 supports hpc pro

Yup, it sure does.

The reason I was having a problem was that I was using the "2002" version initially, for Pocket PC and SmartPhone. One I got the earlier one (again, off this site - many thanks) all was as it should be.

Would be nice If I could get the the 2.11 SDK working with eVC4, so I could use just one IDE.

@futaris: Things aren't that bad, mate! I'd love Linux on a subnotebook, but the effort for the Jornada just isn't worth it, except as an educational excercise. Plus, you'd hit your head on that 16MB limit pretty quickly. I'll wait for that ASUS EeePeeCee thingy, ships ready with Linux, it looks good.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2007-07-06 6:34 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Are you a Visual Basic/C++ 6 owner? That is the professional way to do it if you are serious about WinCE development. It gives you the H/PC range in a single IDE... you need VS.net for CE4+ though
 Top of the page
Scythian Page Icon Posted 2007-07-06 9:12 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thanks c:amie, I kind of abandoned VC++ around 5.0, but I may look into 6.0 at some stage.
Mind you eVC3 is not half bad, I've found, as I'm mucking around with it ATM.
Don't really know VB, nor care to.

Thanks for the info... and the site of course!
Viva the HPC revolution!
All the Best.

Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2007-07-06 9:42 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

The one thing to be aware of as a VC6 owner is that you need the Windows CE Toolkit for VC 6 to add the compilers for CE processors. There was a CETK for VC5 as well.
 Top of the page
r911ster Page Icon Posted 2007-08-30 7:38 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Is that a Osborne 1?
 Top of the page
820Fan
820Fan Page Icon Posted 2007-09-20 10:47 PM
#
Well, now you've got me excited! The USBClik sounds terrific. I did locate it (on the Jornada.co.uk site) and downloaded it but cannot seem to make it work. It is a zipped .cab file, with no executable that I can find. I've tried everything I can think of, but nothing seems to take. Appreciate any advice on how you managed to install it.
 Top of the page
820Fan
820Fan Page Icon Posted 2007-09-20 11:42 PM
#
Well, it's always good advice to see if your question has already been asked and answered on a forum! I found that mine had. I now have the driver, it is installed, and the USB port is working marvelously. What fun!
 Top of the page
Pete P. Page Icon Posted 2007-09-20 11:46 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Sounds great! The J820 is a wonderful machine indeed.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2007-09-21 6:09 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

The Clik driver us i the HCL for future reference. All your questions thus far have been answered in the support section as well, do have a skim through
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 65 - Executed queries : 11