x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

NEC 780 install advice

gee Page Icon Posted 2005-04-06 12:04 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

okay, i'm so new to this that i'm an embryo. further, and don't hate me, i'm a Mac user (iBook G4). i'm very impressed with the NEC. got the internet and email to work and i'm using a CF card to transfer files; .jpgs, TextEdit.rtf files that open on the PocketWord, but . . .

how do i install 3rd party applications to my NEC 780? would love to have a Travel Itinerary, games, MobiReader, a picture viewer of some sort and anything else useful.

is there an ActiveSync that can work on Mac OS X 10.3.8? or am i pretty much hosed.

anything helpful that is cross platform for this would be helpful.

thanks to ALL

gee

Top of the page
Nick Charlton Page Icon Posted 2005-04-06 4:56 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Hi gee,

You can either:

Get the .cab installer (device side) or

Get that Mac program that allows you to sync with your Mac (can't remember what it is called ) I saw it on cewindows.net.

Hope it helps,

Nick
 Top of the page
gee Page Icon Posted 2005-04-06 5:58 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi Nick

thanks for your reply and making a Mac guy feel welcome.

what is .cab? and how does it work.

i have seen a Mac sync application but it did not mention Windows CE so i thought it would not work. you may talking about another app so i'll go hunt yours down and see what i find. otherwise, your thoughts are very encouraging.

gee
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.129 - Cached queries : 59 - Executed queries : 10