x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

How to bypass check for Pocket PC on SlingPlayer Mobile

jasonparekh Page Icon Posted 2007-07-08 4:27 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I have a 4.2 device (DT375) and am wanting to get SlingPlayer Mobile to work. I've been able to get past lower level dependency issues but am now stuck at what seems to be a custom application-level error message: "This version of SlingPlayer Mobile is intended to be used on a Windows PocketPC device." I'm guessing the reason they have this check is due to their separate smartphone application?

Question is, is there a generic way of bypassing such messages? If not, what steps can I take to find where/how this check is being made?

The libs I've replaced/added include: cellcore, coredll, aygshell, and gapi.

Thanks
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2007-07-08 6:32 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

If it is looking in the registry then it could be HKLM\Windows CE Tools or HKLM\Platform. It could also be seeking PPC registry values not present on .net.

It is more likely however that it is using file version/presence detection.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-07-08 11:24 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

jasonparekh: send me the installed exe (and dll's if any) to my email contactchan at freemail.hu to check this out.
 Top of the page
jasonparekh Page Icon Posted 2007-07-08 1:15 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I haven't had time to search for the registry values yet, but here is the SlingPlayer directory that I've been working on so far.

http://rapidshare.com/files/41760302/SlingPlayer_Mobile.zip.html

Thanks for the help,
jason

Edited by jasonparekh 2007-07-08 1:16 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-07-08 9:00 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

it took 10 secs to find the problem. try this (i didnt test but it should work) :

http://hpcmonex.net/others/SlingPlayer2.zip

p.s.: needed to edit the exe because it was calling systemparametersinfoW, and that might call kerneliocontrol indirectly. so either this or a kernel patch

Edited by cmonex 2007-07-08 9:09 PM
 Top of the page
citivolus Page Icon Posted 2007-07-14 11:17 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I've been trying to get this to work on my Netbook Pro for some time. cmonex, when I try your version, it gives me an error: SlingPlayer.exe is not a valid Windows CE application. Can you advise?

Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-07-15 3:31 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

oh, i wish he'd reported back if my patch worked or not...

citivolus: run execheck on it.
 Top of the page
citivolus Page Icon Posted 2007-07-15 6:29 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Executability check reports "\Windows\aygshell.dll doesn't export a function ordinary 75"

I tried putting #17 aygshell.dll in \Windows from http://hpcmonex.net/izemize.htm but it didn't make a difference.

thanks!
 Top of the page
jasonparekh Page Icon Posted 2007-07-15 6:33 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Sorry for the delay. The patch worked correctly in bypassing the Pocket PC check, but the software still did not work (weird behavior in that it would show up in the taskbar, but no windows would appear and clicking on the taskbar button would cause the taskbar entry to disappear).

Oh well, it was worth a try, and I appreciate your help in getting past the initial problem.

I forgot which fake DLLs I used, but there must be a combination that worked to get as far as I mentioned above. This was on a CE 4.2 device.

Jason
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-07-15 9:35 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

citivolus: ah, so, you need aygshell from folder 14 or similar, in aygshells.zip, rename it to aygshelp.dll. then use execheck's rewrite lib name button ... the rest is self explanatory
it should then load ok... or not, but will try to load at least

jasonparekh: did you try with another aygshell though? as described now.
did you try pressing enter when it showed up in the taskbar? adobe needs that for an invisible license agreement

Edited by cmonex 2007-07-15 9:36 PM
 Top of the page
Kwende Page Icon Posted 2010-02-21 12:24 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hey, did You guys manage to get Slingplayer to work on the DT?
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 66 - Executed queries : 11