x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

what wireless card to use for WI_FI with Hitachi hpw600?

1 2
durrence
durrence Page Icon Posted 2005-04-06 1:20 PM
#
What PC card should I use to connect to WI-FI hotspots. I assumed that since the Hitachi handheld had built-in drivers for Proxim that it would work with the Proxim Orinoco Classic Gold card but it does not. Is there a wireless 802-11b card that is ne2000 compatible, since the Hitachi also has built in drivers for those?

I would like to hear from anyone that has used the Hitachi with WI-FI.

Gene
 Top of the page
Nick Charlton Page Icon Posted 2005-04-06 1:42 PM
#
H/PC Elite

I've Just brought a Cisco 350 for my Jornada 720, just got to get the correct drivers, but there are good reports of it working.

Hope this helps

Nick
 Top of the page
Jornada 660lx Page Icon Posted 2005-04-06 8:55 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

The HCL (http://www.hpcfactor.com/hcl/search.asp?mstrcat=7) has lotz of drivers and compatabilities listed if you dont already know.
 Top of the page
BBonMars
BBonMars Page Icon Posted 2005-05-21 7:49 PM
#
I have a Hitachi HPW-600ETM and the Enterasys Roamabout works great with it. I bought it on ebay for $12.00. The Enterasys webpage had Windows CE 2.11 drivers which I used and work great.

The Hitachi webpage also has a 'mother load' of free software for this device, including free Adobe reader and Hum MP# player!
 Top of the page
durrence
durrence Page Icon Posted 2005-05-30 11:38 AM
#
Would you mind sending me the driver you are using? The ce driver I found on the Enterasys webpage does not list the Hitachi HPW-600 as being supported. It specifically says it does not support the Aero 8000, which uses an SH4 processer like the Hitachi.

Also, since there are different versions of the Roamabout, which model are you using?

thanks,

Gene
 Top of the page
Mirek
Mirek Page Icon Posted 2005-12-06 9:29 AM
#
I have a Hitachi HPW-600ETM and the 3com AirConnect model 3CRWE737A and it's works.
 Top of the page
topituli Page Icon Posted 2005-12-22 10:54 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hello!
I´v got a HITACHI HPW-600EUT. I desided to try a wifi card to exess a free internet at the public places. Before I tryed PCMCIA LAN card, i inserted IP and everising and got the internet. Then i boat SENAO Conexant/Intersil Wireless LAN CF Card-NL-2511CF. It works whith WinCE 3.0 but I have edition version 3.01 and core system WinCE 2.11. Original driver is for WinCE 3.0 but i installed Linksys WPC11 v.1.0. I can see the MAC address, link quality, signal strength but can´t exess the internet. DHCP error is unable to obtain an IP address.
Q: Is my CF card working properli whith driver and where might be a problem?
Do I need other configuration? I have been told my PDA don´t support DHCP so how to axess WIFI AP
Many thanks and sorry I did not used my vocabulary.

Ahti
 Top of the page
topituli Page Icon Posted 2005-12-22 11:03 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hello!
I´v got a HITACHI HPW-600EUT. I desided to try a wifi card to exess a free internet at the public places. Before I tryed PCMCIA LAN card, i inserted IP and everising and got the internet. Then i boat SENAO Conexant/Intersil Wireless LAN CF Card-NL-2511CF. It works whith WinCE 3.0 but I have edition version 3.01 and core system WinCE 2.11. Original driver is for WinCE 3.0 but i installed Linksys WPC11 v.1.0. I can see the MAC address, link quality, signal strength but can´t exess the internet. DHCP error is unable to obtain an IP address.
Q: Is my CF card working properli whith driver and where might be a problem?
Do I need other configuration? I have been told my PDA don´t support DHCP so how to axess WIFI AP
Many thanks and sorry I did not used my vocabulary.

Ahti
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-22 12:35 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

use the senao, CE 2.11 (hpc pro) version from here: http://www.hpcfactor.com/hcl

this should get DHCP working for you!
 Top of the page
topituli Page Icon Posted 2005-12-23 8:49 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi!
I was sended to SENAO homepage and they have driver only for WinCE 3.0
Any other idea? Possibly my HPW600EUT is only for syncronising over the internet
network.
Thanks.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-12-23 9:36 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

If you look at the hcl again - specifically the help overview - you'll see that there is a notes & drivers button. Click that to get to the drivers.
 Top of the page
topituli Page Icon Posted 2005-12-24 9:18 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi!
Still need a help! Got to the senao homepage and there is a driver for wince 3.0
Otherwise could anybody be so kinde to direct me from the beginning (cold restart)
I have vxUTIL is it useful? Can it get IP and DNS for me to incert them manually.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-12-24 9:34 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Go to the HCL
Search for Senao
Click "Notes & Downloads" for the item
Click the Driver under H/PC Pro

vxUtil is useful, it can tell you what IP schema you are currently using if you are connecting to a DHCP server. If you do not have one available then, no, it cannot.
 Top of the page
topituli Page Icon Posted 2005-12-25 5:30 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi! and
Merry Christmas!
Still loocking for a driver to my SENAO NL-2511CF MERCURY. All I can finde areWinCE 3.0 but I have 2.11
I installed thatone HCL wrote as 2.11 actually it is 3.0 and there is a message "Cannot find WLANSTA.exe"

Thanks!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-25 10:24 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

topituli - 2005-12-25 11:30 AM

Hi! and
Merry Christmas!
Still loocking for a driver to my SENAO NL-2511CF MERCURY. All I can finde areWinCE 3.0 but I have 2.11
I installed thatone HCL wrote as 2.11 actually it is 3.0 and there is a message "Cannot find WLANSTA.exe"

Thanks!

http://www.hpcfactor.com/hcl/

erm... please copy the whole link, don't just click on it this forum doesn't like the ( ) chars in links
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.281 - Cached queries : 67 - Executed queries : 13