x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

upgrading windows ce 2.11???

hammer
hammer Page Icon Posted 2007-07-09 10:05 PM
#
hello, i am new to the embedded world and i'm curious to know if it is possible to upgrade my tablet pc from win. ce 2.11 to something higher? if so, where can you obtain the new os?

thanks
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-07-10 3:30 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Upgrading to a higher OS version from H/PC Pro always requires a hardware upgrade - you'd have to replace the ROM chip with one loaded with the higher OS version. However, these upgrades are not available with every device. If your tablet is a Fujitsu PenCentra 200 or an Intermec 6651, then you have a chance - if you can find the ROM chip on eBay or somewhere else. Which device do you have?
 Top of the page
hammer
hammer Page Icon Posted 2007-07-10 10:34 AM
#
Thanks for the info. My tablet is the pencentra 200. I'll try to find the rom chip on ebay or somewhere. Will it be necessary to upgrade the processor as well or is that even possible.

Thanks again, Todd
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2007-07-10 12:00 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

The good news at least is that your device has an upgrade, the bad news is that finding it wont be necessarily easy (unless your luck is in).
http://www.hpcfactor.com/hardware/devices/specification.asp?d=49

You cannot upgrade the CPU
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-07-10 2:37 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

You never know though - you might even find a deal on a whole PenCentra 200 with the H/PC 2000 ROM in it. (I got mine for $49 on eBay several months ago.)
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.127 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 8