x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

What can you program in?

1 2
What can you program in?
OptionResults
Visual Basic3 Votes - [30%]
3 Votes [30%]
C (All types)6 Votes - [60%]
6 Votes [60%]
Java0 Votes - [0%]
Other1 Votes - [10%]
1 Votes [10%]

Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2005-04-07 6:12 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

stingraze - 2005-04-07 4:59 PM

thanks. It actually took me two summers (6months in total) to get this far lol (during my summer vacation) First summer, I made a real simple robot that can avoid objects by turning only. Next summer (last year) I made it so that the infrared sensor detects distant objects, and the touch sensors work as "feelers".

The board wasn't a kit, it was already made, but I built the frame, software, sensors, and all that myself (except for the Sharp infrared sensor)

What is the robot name you said that can plug into a serial port and control it? Is it selling ?

I want to build a robot. What was the cost involved? How complicated it the programing you wrote for it?
 Top of the page
Nick Charlton Page Icon Posted 2005-04-07 7:15 PM
#
H/PC Elite

stingraze - 2005-04-07 10:59 PM

What is the robot name you said that can plug into a serial port and control it? Is it selling ?

It's not a robot it's just a board, but It only allows you to control servos its called a SSC or a Serial Servo Controler, you can get a USB and a Parrallel one two

You can get them in Maplin Electronics (www.maplin.co.uk) don't think they would ship to the US or Japan though .

With all these talets we have why don't we just build a new HPC

Nick
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2005-04-08 3:00 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

Nick Charlton - 2005-04-07 9:15 PM

With all these talets we have why don't we just build a new HPC

Nick

As a matter of fact we could. All we have to do is get the image of a h/pc installed in a PC. I actually have a Windows CE H/PC 2000 image, which I'm trying to load on my pc, but still with no success

All we have to do is get a cheap windows laptop, load H/PC image on it, and walla x86 H/PC!!

Too bad the processor is x86, and it won't be much use software wise.
 Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2005-04-08 3:07 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

Yoldering - 2005-04-07 8:12 PM

stingraze - 2005-04-07 4:59 PM

thanks. It actually took me two summers (6months in total) to get this far lol (during my summer vacation) First summer, I made a real simple robot that can avoid objects by turning only. Next summer (last year) I made it so that the infrared sensor detects distant objects, and the touch sensors work as "feelers".

The board wasn't a kit, it was already made, but I built the frame, software, sensors, and all that myself (except for the Sharp infrared sensor)

I want to build a robot. What was the cost involved? How complicated it the programing you wrote for it?

C Robo is the board I used. (the name)

Umm. as for the cost, the board was about $99 dollars. It included a Development System, (Aduc C) and compilers and serial downloader(with cable). It included lots of already built in functions such as move_forward and stuff, but I had to make functions like right_sensoron and stuff like that.

C Robo is very easy, because it's intended for use from about junior high students. but it's probably sold only in Japan.

hope i'm not making this thread a off topic.

you can see http://www.stingraze.net/electronic for a little info.

Edited by stingraze 2005-04-08 3:09 AM
 Top of the page
Nick Charlton Page Icon Posted 2005-04-08 8:57 AM
#
H/PC Elite

I never seen or heard of it in the UK, anyone in the US heard of it?

Nick
 Top of the page
jimkyser Page Icon Posted 2005-05-04 11:02 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I've worked for several major corporations over 18+ years and have programmed on the job in the following languages:

- C/C++ (on DOS, OS/2, Windows (16 & 32 bit), MacOS and Solaris) - this is my strongest language by far and easily covers more than 1/2 of my professional career.
- Perl
- HTML
- Java
- Korn shell
- Assembler for various micros
- a little PL/I
- I used to have a pretty good knowledge of REXX (IBM scripting language)
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.264 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 14