x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Trouble seeing Credibility Consistency Checks in Pocket IE on CE 2.0

SirThoreth Page Icon Posted 2007-07-21 6:14 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

So, I noticed this here, but I'm pretty sure I'd have the same trouble elsewhere (I just can't think of another site off the top of my head that has one), but, when you log into HPC:Factor, you know that numeric sequence you have to enter? That's the Credibility Consistency Check. It doesn't show up in Pocket Internet Explorer on CE 2.0

What I get is the thumbnail for an unloaded image with the word "Credibility_Cosistency Check" next to it. Right-clicking on it and telling it to load the image doesn't bring it up.

Anyone know what's going on?
 Top of the page Quote Reply
SirThoreth Page Icon Posted 2007-07-21 7:51 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Addendum: here's a screen cap of what I see when I try logging on.

(CAPT0001.BMP)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments CAPT0001.BMP (75KB - 0 downloads)
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2007-07-22 6:14 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Moved to HPC:Factor Discussion

This is a know event. The captcha is dynamically written out in a stream from the server to the client with out any mime pre-recognition. PIE2 is unable to handle the filetype without that information (I believe that it simply looks at file extension).
Have another quick look at it, I noticed that the header stream was statring the image to be 2 bytes larger than it actually is.

OT: Is your WiFi NIC all cosy in the HCL?
SirThoreth Page Icon Posted 2007-07-22 7:39 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

C:Amie - 2007-07-22 3:14 AM

Moved to HPC:Factor Discussion

This is a know event. The captcha is dynamically written out in a stream from the server to the client with out any mime pre-recognition. PIE2 is unable to handle the filetype without that information (I believe that it simply looks at file extension).

I suspect you're right - PIE2 also behaves in an unusual manner on most "mobile web" sites, including Google's mobile page - it's trying to "download an attachment" from the site, even when no such attachment exists. Google's standard page works fine, but is difficult as hell to both get to and stay on when searching, meaning that I end up using MSN Mobile instead, which works fine.

Have another quick look at it, I noticed that the header stream was statring the image to be 2 bytes larger than it actually is.

How would I check that?

OT: Is your WiFi NIC all cosy in the HCL?

The MA401 is "blank" with regards to CE 2.0, but the Prism drivers available in that link do work - I mainly bought the card for use in my MobilePro, though I also use it in a Toshiba Portege 300CT and an HP notebook I have running Linux (Xandros Home 4), as well as (obviously) the 360LX.

I'd probably be willing to state it as being functional, if you're looking to check it off in the HCL. The only admonishment I'd give is that, periodically, I appear to be losing either my IP address (I use DHCP) or my connection to my DNS server, but that seems to be a device issue, not a NIC issue - every single network card, be it wired or wireless, has done the same thing in my 360LX, and simply popping it out and plugging it back in fixes the problem.
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2007-07-22 11:10 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Check to see if the header edit made any difference: just look at it in PIE.

Tick added for the 401, thanks. Note to everyone: please, please, please report you working/not working hardware - it's the only way the HCL can remain credible.
SirThoreth Page Icon Posted 2007-07-22 12:27 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

C:Amie - 2007-07-22 8:10 AM

Check to see if the header edit made any difference: just look at it in PIE.

Ah! Now that I've slept, I understand what you're saying. I'll check later today - right now, I've got to go pull my engine from my sister's VW.

Tick added for the 401, thanks. Note to everyone: please, please, please report you working/not working hardware - it's the only way the HCL can remain credible.

No problem. I planned to report it, but wanted it working for a week or two before doing so, thus erring on the side of caution.
SirThoreth Page Icon Posted 2007-07-23 12:40 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Just as an addendum, we might want to update this CE Support Document:

http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/h/0020.asp

Adding the link to the CE 2.0 driver and adding Handheld PC 2.0 to the "Applies to" list could be handy.
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2007-07-29 10:49 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

SirThoreth,

Thank-you that has been done.
FROST_GIANT Page Icon Posted 2007-08-17 10:58 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi, I'm trying to get my A20 on the forums but I'm also getting the consistency check image issue. Is there any workaround for this? Taking cookies from a PC and putting them onto it or something? I'm determined to make a workable machine out of this thing!
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-08-18 12:57 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

casio A20?
FROST_GIANT Page Icon Posted 2007-08-19 12:29 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Heh, yes sorry, Casio A-20.

I've got an A-11 as well but that's more part of my museum than anything.
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2007-08-19 12:52 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

FROST_GIANT,

Is there a workaround? Yes. Is it one you can do? No. As has been discussed before, this is something that I will have to write into the forums kernel and will require database modification as well as a new login procedure set.

I lost access to the SQL and the FTP servers a couple of weeks ago, so I couldn't help you even if I was prepared to sit here and start doing it. I have given it previous thought, I know how I would do it... but I probably will not get anywhere near doing it until the Christmas period at the earliest.
FROST_GIANT Page Icon Posted 2007-08-20 11:09 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

That's okay. Gives me something to look forward to

If I can try to hobble some money together, I'm hoping to "upgrade" from my P4 laptop to something like a MobilePro 790 (because of the AA adapter of course). The more I use my A-20, the more I love it though, so it'd be nice to be able to get the forums working on it one day.
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2007-08-20 12:50 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

By all means please do keep pestering me on it - you want to pester Insurgent on it too, because until the servers are sorted my hands are tied.

... seems that locking him in the server room just isn't enough these days.
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-08-20 1:05 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

C:Amie, do you honestly think we have to be told to keep pestering you?
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.238 - Cached queries : 71 - Executed queries : 11