x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Livejournal on MP780 or 880?

Comet
Comet Page Icon Posted 2005-04-07 4:36 PM
#
I've browsed Livejournal pages in the past on my Mobilepro 780, using a dial-up connection. This evening I tried to do the same thing using my 780 and again with my 880, and neither would access the pages, even though I was clicking links that have worked perfectly well in the past.

When I click the links, the IE logo rotates for a bit and then just stops; I get a completely blank screen with no error message. (Compare that to trying to log on to My Ebay, when at least I'm told a secure connection can't be made.)

I've got all the security settings switched on, and the set-up is secure enough to access my Gmail account.

Has anyone got any idea what's happening here?

Thanks -

Comet
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2005-04-07 6:04 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

How long has it been since you were able to connect?
 Top of the page
Comet
Comet Page Icon Posted 2005-04-08 3:14 PM
#
Now I'm confusing myself! I've got all the links to various friends' pages there on my 780, and I'm pretty sure I didn't type the addresses in by hand. I'm 99% certain I could access them a few months ago. I still can from my Jornada 720, so I'm assuming it must be a Pocket IE v.3.01 issue, which is a pain. What I find strange is the way it fails - no message, nothing, just a fullstop.

Anyone know where I can get hold of a Mobilepro 790 ROM???
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-04-09 2:23 AM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

You can try ebay or post in the hpcbay forum. Just be sure to FOLLOW THE RULES.
 Top of the page
Comet
Comet Page Icon Posted 2005-04-10 2:43 PM
#
Problem solved, by going through Skweezer (www.skweezer.net, for anyone who doesn't yet know about it.) I can't believe I've been using handhelds and PDAs for nearly 2 years and have only just found this service. It's sorted out all my web browsing issues in one go.

Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 43 - Executed queries : 25