x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Terminal Services Client

1 2
Viktor
Viktor Page Icon Posted 2007-07-24 4:52 AM
#
Hello!

I want to make a remote desktop connection with windows ce 5.0 (build 1400) but I can't find any program or exe file to run. I've found tsc programs on the Internet only for windows ce 3.0 or 4.x, but when I try to use these on my device, the Windows says 'this is not a valid Windows CE application'.

Please help me where can i find the correct program.

Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-07-24 11:36 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

do you have an ARM cpu? if yes you probably need a better coredll.dll but answer this first please
 Top of the page
Viktor
Viktor Page Icon Posted 2007-07-25 3:04 AM
#
Thanks for help..
The cpu is a Intel, PXA270-Intel(R) Bulverde. What's that dll?
 Top of the page
Viktor
Viktor Page Icon Posted 2007-07-25 3:11 AM
#
The Motorola helpdesk says, that this device's windows ce5.0 is a Core version, and in this win, there is no terminal service client application, it's in win ce professional only. Is it possible to connect with this core version to a remote desktop?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-07-25 12:49 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

ah, i guess we need to get you the version from platform builder 4.2 or 5.0.

i'll try to get TFGBD to build one for you.

but try this first: http://hpcmonex.net/others/mstsc42.zip
 Top of the page
Viktor
Viktor Page Icon Posted 2007-07-26 3:40 AM
#
Thanks a lot!

We copied files to a directory in Windows CE device and tried to run with "cetsc /v:Myserver" from command prompt but every time we get the usage screen. Could you tell us what's the problem with the syntax?
 Top of the page
Viktor
Viktor Page Icon Posted 2007-07-26 4:09 AM
#
we moved the files to the windows directory and made a rdp file with the following contents:

screen mode id:i:1
desktopwidth:i:320
desktopheight:i:320
session bpp:i:16
auto connect:i:1
full address:s: 'My server name'
compression:i:1
keyboardhook:i:2
audiomode:i:2
redirectdrives:i:0
redirectprinters:i:0
redirectcomports:i:0
redirectsmartcards:i:0
displayconnectionbar:i:1
username:s: 'My login name'
domain:s:hs_domain
alternate shell:s:
shell working directory:s:
disable wallpaper:i:1
disable full window drag:i:1
disable menu anims:i:1
disable themes:i:1
bitmapcachepersistenable:i:1

and when i click to this rdp file on the pda, it shows the usage windows again...
 Top of the page
Viktor Page Icon Posted 2007-07-26 4:24 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

szia!
regisztráltam és most látom, hogy Te is Pesten vagy köszi a segítséget, már sokkal elorébb vagyunk mint eddig, mert elidnul a cetsc.exe. Csak sajnos nem csatlakozik, hanem mindig a leírást dobja fel, hogy hogyan kell használni: connection file, servername, console, /? stb leírást..
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-07-26 9:37 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

szia ha nem gond, angolul írok, hogy mások is értsék de írhatsz emailt (contactchan kukac freemail.hu)

as for rdp: ah, then it is still missing a file or maybe registry entries, i will check.

what pda is this, btw?
 Top of the page
Viktor Page Icon Posted 2007-07-26 10:06 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

hi

i wrote you an email

this is a mc3090 symbol bar code scanner pda.
 Top of the page
deleikin
deleikin Page Icon Posted 2007-07-29 4:20 AM
#
Hi Viktor,

I’d highly recommend micro-VNC (from Hitachi) instead of MS TS Client. VNC is several times faster than TS Client, highly configurable, easy-to-use, secure, and much, much more. It requires its own VNC server that can run either as service or just a standalone app on the desktop PC. What is more, VNC is a multiplatform app and also can work in complex network environment, e.g., under NAT. VNC server is less than 1 MB in size and appears to be a free product. VNC solutions are offered by quite a few companies, so if you google for VNC you’ll find different clones like RealVNC, TightVNC, etc. As for me, I used VNC from Parys Technografx and it seems to work great. Not sure whether or not micro-VNC (Hitachi) is free, as I’ve seen controversial info on that point, some sites saying it’s free and some offering it as shareware. Still, this nice little peace of software seems worthy of being tried out.

Del

PS To start using micro-VNC on your PDA you need not install it. Just copy the app to PDA and run it from there right away. You may find micro-VNC manual in English at Hitachi. Though written for Palm devices, it’s pretty applicable on WM5 too, except for the file names, of course.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-07-29 7:20 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

if it is written for palm, i dont see how it is going to run on CE5. edit: sorry i see you meant the manual there

usually rdp is several times faster than vnc, and the CE vnc clients ive tried were all terribly slow, but didnt hear of this one.

Viktor: i've not found out yet what is missing, probably a registry entry. i'll let you know if i succeed

update: i tried the vnc client, on cenet 4.2 i needed to edit out three coredll imports to get it to run. it is the best vnc client so far for CE that ive seen so far. but it is far from rdp... far from rdp's speed or usability.
and it is definitely payware

out of curiousity, has anyone ever managed to enter the windows logon for this vnc client. i usually have that enabled (in ultravnc) for connecting but in this client i cant see where to enter a user name, can only enter a password

Edited by cmonex 2007-07-29 7:44 AM
 Top of the page
deleikin
deleikin Page Icon Posted 2007-07-29 9:45 AM
#
Yeah... Just figured out mVNC has time-limited trial period. Windows logon seems to be hiding in Edit->Detail under mVNC main window.

Edited by deleikin 2007-07-29 9:46 AM
 Top of the page
deleikin
deleikin Page Icon Posted 2007-07-30 1:14 PM
#
Sorry for asking newbie questions here, but I just seem have failed to find an answer elsewhere.

I was trying to figure out if it’s possible to get an app on remote pc to stream sound to a wince device but can’t seem to find any info on the point. As MS no longer supports direct sound on mobile 5+ platforms, I had no luck with running apps under tsc over rdp; just adding missing AudioRedirectionMode keys to ce registry didn’t help any. I tried the afore mentioned Hitachi micro-VNC client in thinking its ESD monitor server should be able to capture sound on host pc and then stream it further over the net. I added required vorbis dlls to desktop system but it didn’t help either. I hoped that VLC Player might have helped on streaming sound, but its CE client even refused to start on ce5.0. I even tried ms WMEncoder9 to stream sound but surprisingly, WMPlayer didn’t know how to play the stream. So I’m at a loss…

Desktop pc seems to be ok as I’m having no problem in streaming sound over rdp to another desktop or laptop so I thought it should be possible to stream to a hpc too. But I can’t seem to find a solution. Could it be that I’m just missing something trivial?

Please help
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-07-30 1:35 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

i guess tcpmp would work.
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.265 - Cached queries : 46 - Executed queries : 28