x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Doom3 XBOX, Finaly

PocketDVD Page Icon Posted 2005-04-08 12:39 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Just got done with my first session of playing Doom3 on the XBOX.

Super COOL.
I havent seen doom3 on the pc yet, since I dont have hardware thats capable of running it, but on the xbox (p3 733,64mb,geforcemx4) it runs like a charm.

Just getting ready for some sleep, but just had to shout about it a bit.

It's the platinum edition, meaning it has doom1 and 2 as well.
I tried doom1 for a few as well, and it plays great with the xbox controller.
They did a good job on it, and the game is scary.
Dont have much cool weapons atm yet, but the machine gun does its job fairly efficient.
The trusty shotgun is also quite effective.

Anyways, goodnight, I'm off to bed.
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-04-08 1:17 AM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

Wow, well if it has the same video card as me and I have a much faster processor, I guess Doom will look pretty good! Muahahah....

The Doom games were very well made, and even in their low-resolution state, I am still totally scared when I turn around and see a monster shooting fireballs at me. It really was a masterpiece. Now if it would just run nicely on my 720...so will that be your first project for the H/PC?

-Note, working on hour 4 for programming, when my full week is complete it will be time for me to leave to leave the forums. Note that I will try to check in every once in a while, but those chances will be somewhat slim. But I will be in contact with the Minimo developers, and who knows, I might just come back with a surprise.

--NO promises though.
 Top of the page
PocketDVD Page Icon Posted 2005-04-08 8:09 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

There are already a few doom1-2 versions out there for hpc, and eventhough they could be a little better (implement screenrating on it for example ) it's a little bit too much for me at the moment.
I did download some sources and stuff, but it never compiles from scratch, so kinda hard to test.

There are other things in my head that I'm fiddling with that are less complicated, but will provide a similair experience in gaming.

without revealing too much, my first game will have guns.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-04-08 12:03 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

cool, i can't wait!
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 10