x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

HP Pocket Camera

CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-07-30 4:29 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I may have asked this question before, but my old brain isn't sure.

I can't get the HP Pocket Camera driver to work on my J820. I presume that it's supposed to, for two reasons: 1) in addition to the H/PC ARM CAB (and both SH3 and ARM CABs for Pocket PC), there's one for H/PC SH3, which I assume is for the J680/690 (though I know these came out after the 820); and 2) Executability Check shows the OS version of the ARM H/PC driver to be 2.11 to start with. However, after installing it on my 820, when I try to run the driver it gives me the "Cannot find . . ." error message. Executability Check does not indicate any missing DLLs. So why can't I get it to work?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-07-30 5:52 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

what dlls does the app call?

i wonder if it does a loadlibrary.

send me that cab maybe.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-07-30 1:56 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

According to Executability Check, just commctrl.dll. I installed the driver to the default location (\Windows), so I'll have to copy it over to the CF card to check it in a hexeditor. I'll send the CAB to you tonight when I get home.

EDIT: checked camapp.exe in a hexeditor, and the following additional DLL calls appear: ceshell.dll, camapi.dll, and hpimglib.dll (and, of course, coredll.dll). All are visible except ceshell.dll, but isn't that also present in ROM on the 820?

Edited by CE Geek 2007-07-30 2:52 PM
 Top of the page
Hal Page Icon Posted 2007-08-02 11:51 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Geek: For grins I ran the install CD, v 1.20, and it lists the 710/720 and 680/690 as radio button picks (as well as some 5xx series), but doesn't specifically have a pick for the 820. Not sure this tells you anything, except the possible need for some extra TLC.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-08-03 4:29 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

tlc = ?

btw, CE Geek, did you search the string DLL in unicode?

thatll show if there is a loadlibraryW that wants to load some more dlls. execheck cannot show those to you.

but, maybe those extra dlls are missing something.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-08-03 4:39 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

TLC = Tender Loving Care

No, I haven't searched the string. I never figured it'd take all this to get it to work on the 820 since it's an OEM app and included an ARM H/PC CAB written for CE 2.11. I kinda assumed it'd work out of the box.

Edited by CE Geek 2007-08-03 4:41 PM
 Top of the page
Hal Page Icon Posted 2007-08-03 7:30 PM
#
H/PC Elite

TLC = tender loving care
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 1.656 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 9