x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

IRDA Communication between Handheld & Palm

1 2
handheldjunkie
handheldjunkie Page Icon Posted 2005-04-09 9:45 AM
#
Hello all,

I did a quick search in the forums but could not find any threads for this subject. I have a Palm T5 and a NEC Mobile pro 770 that i would like to communicate schedules with. Is this possible? Is there a program?

I appreciate your comments and forgive me if there is another thread already covering this subject.
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-04-09 8:05 PM
#
H/PC Elder

handheldjunkie - 2005-04-09 7:45 AM

Hello all,

I did a quick search in the forums but could not find any threads for this subject. I have a Palm T5 and a NEC Mobile pro 770 that i would like to communicate schedules with. Is this possible? Is there a program?

I appreciate your comments and forgive me if there is another thread already covering this subject.

I tried some app that allowed Palm and HPCs/PPCs to talk to each other ... will update the post with a name ... its been awhile ...

EDIT: ok, found it ... its called PeacemakerPro. They have a lite version that limits you to only 10 items per sync. You can infra direct between the devices. ... BUT ... (there's always a BUT somewhere!) ... it didn't work quite right when I tried with my T3 and 790 about 4~5 months back. Not sure if they fixed the bug yet.

Their customer service is pretty responsive and courteous though.

Edited by Snappy! 2005-04-09 8:19 PM
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-04-09 8:24 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

Is the program hppalmir (in the \Windows directory) only for HP handhelds? Or is it for all CE (at least HPC 2000) devices?

Because that program works pretty well for simple contact transfers...
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-04-09 8:35 PM
#
H/PC Elder

ProgramSynthesiser - 2005-04-09 6:24 PM

Is the program hppalmir (in the \Windows directory) only for HP handhelds? Or is it for all CE (at least HPC 2000) devices?

Because that program works pretty well for simple contact transfers...

Beaming contacts or schedules to and fro between the devices is not an issue. The problem is handling it. Somehow HPCs (Read:MS!) decided to have a slightly different format than Palms.

From what I tried, you can receive the info from the Palm device using and IR receiver app, eg Total Commander. It will store it as a text file. The built-in PocketOutlook apps do not support the info beaming from Palms!

Getting the text file into PocketOutlook is another story altogether. Which is where peacemaker comes in. PM also has beaming capabilities native, so its easier ... when it works!
 Top of the page
handheldjunkie
handheldjunkie Page Icon Posted 2005-04-10 10:24 AM
#
Thanks guys for the insight and your knowledge on these system. It is great for a novice like myself to be able to ask your advise.

Through your advice I have got my MP 770 to sync with my laptop and I have bought an orinco card and now can work on my handheld on the wireless network with ease. Although I wish it was faster. Has anyone used the MP 770 then switch to the 780 ro 790. How much faster is it in rendering?

Thanks again for all your help!
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-04-10 2:59 PM
#
H/PC Elder

In the future please check the support section first.

http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/c/0012.asp
 Top of the page
matrixcore Page Icon Posted 2005-04-10 7:52 PM
#
H/PC Elite

ProgramSynthesiser - 2005-04-10 1:59 PM

In the future please check the support section first.

http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/c/0012.asp

I for myself vote for ProgramSynthesiser to be the first (Non-Admin) moderator!!
 Top of the page
handheldjunkie
handheldjunkie Page Icon Posted 2005-04-10 8:10 PM
#
Well Program S. your thread talks nothing about IRDA transfers at all. I would appreciate it if you would be a little more tolerate of others who are not quite as versed in how the Handheld work. As I stated in the first part of the thread, I could not find any information on the subject.

Top of the page
matrixcore Page Icon Posted 2005-04-10 9:31 PM
#
H/PC Elite

In this thread PS has told you nothing offensive nor made fun of you or anything, he was just corteously linking you to a CESD article he thought was the one covering your needs. Maybe he forgot to add "So pretty please, with sugar on top", but i believe he was nice enough. he didn't even SHOUTED this time. He is one of the most respected users in the community and since he start having problems with his ways of answering newbie questions, i've sensed a big change in his manners, he does not start his responses with a "RTF CESD articles first " anymore. IMHO he has changed. he doesn't mean to be rude.

So i ask you to please, please in the most kind manner, stop this madness before it becomes a PS vs newbies flamewar, for you all will make me sad . we're here to support each other, not to start personal fights.

And again i say: "ProgramSynthesiser for moderator!! vote 4 him!!"

BTW the CESD article covering IRDA is http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/c/0017.asp

Hope this helps and please, lets all be nice kids and play happy with the others

Edited by matrixcore 2005-04-10 9:35 PM
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-04-10 11:46 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Lol thank you matrixcore. No, this will not become a flame war. Of course, if I did want to be rude, I could say that what I linked you, handheldjunkie, to was not a thread, but a support article that C:Amie spent much time on to help others out. And I also directed you to the support section, not just that one CESD article.

I hope your problem does get fixed, but if you do want help, you will not go after high posters.

Your welcome.

-So what was this about being a moderator?
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-04-11 9:39 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Hi handheldjunkie,

Not sure if you are still reading this thread or had solved your problem.

If you are still looking for a solution to directly beam contacts/appts between your T5 and 770, here's an app ...

http://www.mobem.com/products/mBeam.php

I found it while looking at the FunPack from main page.

Also, I found what I've been looking for
http://www.mobem.com/products/cestarold.php

CE-Star for HPCPros ... ... am downloading it ... if only they spend a bit more $$ on their server ... a 2.4MB download takes so very long on my DSL!!

If this works, I am plunking in for CE-Star and dumping my Sony SL10 for good! ...

And if mBeam works well, it gets my vote in the bank too!

guys, Mobem is for one, a company that supports HPCPro/2000 for its products! So, show them the $$ ...

*DISCLAIMER* ... I am not related to Mobem. I do not get a cut from their sales. They are not related to me. They do not get a cut of my daily lunch as well.
 Top of the page
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2005-04-11 12:08 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

The Moral of the Story......

Sometimes it pays to read my software reviews because they may (indirectly) lead you to something you never knew existed.

Yes - A shameless plug on my part.
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-04-11 1:59 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Hurricane John - 2005-04-11 10:08 AM

The Moral of the Story......

Sometimes it pays to read my software reviews because they may (indirectly) lead you to something you never knew existed.

Yes - A shameless plug on my part.

Yes sir!

ooops ... did I let out the fact that I usually do not read the articles?
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-04-11 2:08 PM
#
H/PC Elder

btw, CE-Star works great!! ... gonna add that to my HPC software list ...

gonna try to download mBeam now. Their site went down earlier ...
 Top of the page
handheldjunkie
handheldjunkie Page Icon Posted 2005-04-12 8:09 AM
#
Sorry guys did not mean to upset anyone. Only when I went to the link I could not find what I needed and thought based on past posts PS was being uhmm what can I say long in the nose as they say down south. I was wrong and apologize to you PS.

Also, thanks for all the great answers and I will check out what you have suggested.

Thanks,

Handheldjunkie
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.265 - Cached queries : 67 - Executed queries : 10