x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

NEC 780 USB & Virtual PC

gee Page Icon Posted 2005-04-09 12:31 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

anybody know why my NEC 780 will not connect via Activesync 3.7.1 in Windows 2000 on Virtual PC running on an iBook OS X 10.3.8?

i am using a serial / USB adapter and when i run "Get Connected" in VPC it shows no device found.

I have installed the Belkin F5U109 USB software that came with the USB adapter. No help.

I have looked on Microsoft for some help and so far have come up empty. In "Get Connected", "File", "Connections" I only get looped back to the "Get Connected" window rather the section that would allow me to check the USB box. This was suggested by Microsoft.

On My Harddrive when right clicked for "properties", "deivce settings", "hardware", then to "USB" all settings appear okay and running. There is no "Code 28" as stated by "Help" in VPC. There are no "other divices" or anything else that is ambiguous.

i've spent an entire day on this and don't know where else to go.

thanks
gee
 Top of the page
Nick Charlton Page Icon Posted 2005-04-09 1:22 PM
#
H/PC Elite

In Virtual PC for Windows you have to set Virtual PC to use the phisical USB port on the computer instead of knoware or a file. It should be the same as Virtual PC for Mac

Nick
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-04-09 6:47 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Virtual PC 2004 for the PC does not support proxy mounting of USB devices, whether this is true or not in the Mac version, I don't know. However on the PC you need to use a serial adapter.
 Top of the page
gee Page Icon Posted 2005-04-09 10:27 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

thanks to you and Nick for your help.

again i've the day looking and what i've found is pretty much what you've stated. it's unfortunate that i can't perform my sync in this manner.

is there any other way i can get applications installed onto my NEC 780?

thanks
gee
 Top of the page
Maul Page Icon Posted 2005-04-10 1:12 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Infared.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-04-10 10:31 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

lan? wifi?
 Top of the page
gee Page Icon Posted 2005-04-10 11:16 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

i use an apple iBook G4. it has no infared. bummer for me.

thanks very much for your help

gee
 Top of the page
gee Page Icon Posted 2005-04-10 11:25 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

i want wifi on my NEC 780 which is why i'm working so hard to get a sync.

but, how would i sync via "lan". i do have an internet connection established. i've wondered about this but am in the dark as how to do it.

i really want to sync in 3rd party applications since the NEC has so much useful and fun potential.

eager to hear your directions

thanks!!!!

gee
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-04-10 2:15 PM
#
H/PC Elder

gee - 2005-04-10 9:25 AM

i want wifi on my NEC 780 which is why i'm working so hard to get a sync.

but, how would i sync via "lan". i do have an internet connection established. i've wondered about this but am in the dark as how to do it.

i really want to sync in 3rd party applications since the NEC has so much useful and fun potential.

eager to hear your directions

thanks!!!!

gee

From what I read, you seem to need to sync so that you can install apps. yes? If so, know that you can install (most) apps through CF cards instead of ASync. Just get the cab files onto your CF card and pop it into your 780 and run it. Remember to set it to read-only so that you dun loose it after install. Cab files have low-self esteem and hence commit suicide after installations!
 Top of the page
gee Page Icon Posted 2005-04-11 11:54 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

WOW! so cool and so simple.

A BIG THANKS to you.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.234 - Cached queries : 45 - Executed queries : 32