x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

NEC MobilePro 880 can't access its CF/PC Card slots - Dying HPC Pro?

SirThoreth Page Icon Posted 2007-08-09 5:24 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

So, I've had this issue in the past, and it's got me concerned now, especially given some of the other issues I've had in the past.

This morning, my MobilePro 880, which was working fine last night, didn't want to load up the driver for my MA401 WiFi card. Upon further examination, I found it wasn't loading up my 4 GB CF card, either.

Now, it knows the cards are in the machine. I know this, because, when I unplugged it from power and then inserted either card, it immediately gave me the power warning, asking me if I wanted to run said card on battery power. Clicking "Yes" doesn't help, though - the Prism wireless driver doesn't think there's a card inserted, and the CF card isn't showing up in Windows Explorer as having been mounted to the file system, especially since it just seems to be the PC card and CF card slots - no card I've inserted has worked there, yet USB flash or hard drives are working just fine.

So, I did a hard reset, and am restoring to my 6/27/07 stable backup. Thing is, though, I haven't made any changes to the 880 recently, so I'm not seeing what might've caused this in the first place, nor what caused this the first time it happened, like, a year ago.

Along with this, I seem to be having more issues with it locking up recently, and having to do more soft resets than I previous did (though this is highly subjective - it's not like I've ever really tracked this). One reason for this is that, when soft-resetting the device, I often have a stray task/program on the taskbar labeled things like "&No" or "&Suspend", etc., which actually seem to be dialog buttons, can't be closed, disappear from where they're supposed to be (such as "Yes/No" pop-up windows, or the Suspend option from the start menu, etc.), and can't be cleared up without one or more soft-resets (ie., soft-reset, have problem on start-up, soft-reset again, still there, soft-reset a third time, different item now, soft-reset #4, and it's back to normal).

The 6/27/07 backup was made after all the patches for my device were applied, and the apps I'm going to need were installed. It's seemed to be stable - last time I developed an issue, it was with a new app I tried installing, which forced me to hard reset to clear up the problem. Prior to that, I'd had everything run rock solid for a month.

So, has anyone else encountered similar issues? Am I looking at a dying MobilePro here?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-08-09 8:11 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

why dont you hard reset it and NOT restore? you cannot test hardware properly if you restore a backup..

of course if it works fine after the restore then i guess that's good

most of your other issues sound like software ones, so not a dying mobilepro (it doesnt have a flash rom anyway)

check what apps you started using recently, they could be the culprit.
 Top of the page
mariomaster Page Icon Posted 2007-08-21 6:46 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

How i can make a hard reset in a mobile pro 880?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-08-21 10:32 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Pull out the main battery, and you'll find a small hole with a button inside it. Press that with the stylus and then put the battery back.
 Top of the page
mariomaster Page Icon Posted 2007-08-27 1:45 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thanks
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.210 - Cached queries : 9 - Executed queries : 63