x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Compatible 900c (ce4.2) wireless cards

1 2 3
macmee Page Icon Posted 2007-11-09 8:51 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Hello HPC Factor!

I've been having a great deal of trouble with my WPC11 v3 wireless card with my Mobile Pro 900c. The device would freeze up once the card has been inserted. I've done many different things to the device to try and make the card function. In conclusion I've found out that if I keep re-inserting the card it will work after around 10-20 attempts.
This was fine at first, though now I have to use my Mobilepro without this issue. Is there any other good, compatible cards that people don't have any problems with? I would check the HCL but I want to make sure the card I get wont have this problem.

Thanks,
David

Edited by macmee 2007-11-09 8:52 PM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2007-11-09 8:55 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I still stand by the Agere ORiNOCO card. Never had a problem with it, and it's compatible all the way from CE 2 through 4.2 .net.
 Top of the page
drutkay
drutkay Page Icon Posted 2007-11-11 1:47 PM
#
Second the recommendation for the Orinoco card; my went from my J720 to 900C with no problems, and it's able to search and establish connections to other wireless networks when travelling. But for your current card, do you have the latest driver?
 Top of the page
afloressales
afloressales Page Icon Posted 2007-11-14 1:14 PM
#
I'm seeing the HCL and it states that the 3Com 3CRWE62092B will work with CE 4.2. I have a Mobilepro 900c but I got Unidentified PCCard Adapter after I installed the wireless Manager. Please help
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-11-14 1:22 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

no it will not work, that's an error in the HCL
 Top of the page
CAuser Page Icon Posted 2007-11-14 1:23 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Your card does not have a driver for CE .NET!
 Top of the page
tim_nec Page Icon Posted 2007-11-14 3:27 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

maybe you can downgrade to windows 3.0 to test if work, i did it and works but i cant connect
 Top of the page
mau8
mau8 Page Icon Posted 2007-11-14 5:18 PM
#
I have a D-Link DWL-650 and in four days don't work. I try with some drivers for .net and 3.00 and nothing. Is a prism 2.5

Regards.

Mau8
 Top of the page
KimChee
KimChee Page Icon Posted 2007-11-22 10:48 AM
#
Ive got a zcom xi-325 with removable antenna, it works fine thanks to the dll off of the hpcnec site prismnds.dll
 Top of the page
PearlJamman Page Icon Posted 2007-11-27 2:28 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I have a Siemens SpeedStream SS1021 card for Windows CE 4.2.net and the power and link LED's blink, but I can't find a working CE.net driver. I use a MobilePro 900c, and this card is on the HCL. I hope its not another error, I also bought an intel/pro wireless C/F card (WCF2011BEWW if anyone is interested, it should work with CE 3) that apparently was the result of an HCL error. Anyone know what driver would work for this??
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2007-11-27 6:38 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

cmonex - 2007-11-14 6:22 PM

I have a submission with driver file for that card flagged as working. On what grounds are you stating it as erronious?

I believe the associated driver name with the submission was fvnetr.dll, and no I do not have one to test.

Additionally, if people know that there are errors, why aren't they sending them in
 Top of the page
PearlJamman Page Icon Posted 2007-11-27 12:18 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Well, I was told that the reason my Intel WCF2011BEWW card didn't work was because it was incompatible, even though it was on the HCL. The HCL also lists the SpeedStream SS1021 that I have, but cannot find drivers for it greater than CE 3.0. I read that it uses the Itersil Prism driver so I tried to find that driver, but again, nothing past WINCE 3. If anyone knows where I can get this driver for CE.net 4.2, that'd be amazing and you'd make my day! Like I said, immediately when I plug it in, the power and link LED's flash, so I think there's hope...
 Top of the page
CAuser Page Icon Posted 2007-11-27 12:44 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Check out this article
http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/h/0028.asp
or directly download prismnds.dll from Rich' site (www.hpcnec.com) for your SS1021. Hopefully, it works.

Edited by CAuser 2007-11-27 12:45 PM
 Top of the page
PearlJamman Page Icon Posted 2007-11-27 3:52 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Thank you for your help CAuser, this looks very promising, but I am unsure how to identify which ZIP file to use (I DL'd both 2.01.01.0135 and 3.00.08.0236) and then, which cabs to use after that lol. I'm sorry, I know Win 9x, 2000, and XP like the back of my hand, but winCE and the HPC are still new to me. Thanks again for your patience!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2007-11-27 5:21 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

C:Amie - 2007-11-27 12:38 PM

cmonex - 2007-11-14 6:22 PM

I have a submission with driver file for that card flagged as working. On what grounds are you stating it as erronious?

I believe the associated driver name with the submission was fvnetr.dll, and no I do not have one to test.

Additionally, if people know that there are errors, why aren't they sending them in

oh, then maybe the submission form is buggy. i remember telling you the HCL may have some bug where OS versions get mixed up, but then maybe it is the submission form - or the user simply selected the wrong fields.

isotherm can tell you this card will not work on cenet, i tried it myself.
 Top of the page
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.25 - Cached queries : 66 - Executed queries : 11