x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

PIE Security Error

Rixware Page Icon Posted 2005-04-30 4:17 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I keep getting this error message whenever I try to access certain pages in PIE:

"Security is currently disabled. Either security has not been installed or is not installed properly."

I can't find a reference to this message anywhere on this site. (FYI: I did install the SSL update found on the DOWNLOADS page, and it went in smoothly.)

+
 Top of the page
Nick Charlton Page Icon Posted 2005-04-30 5:28 AM
#
H/PC Elite

, Try reintalling the ssl patch, it might have not installed it correctly.

Nick
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-04-30 1:02 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

The message is caused when the SChannel.dll file is corrupt, or all the SSL options in the IE Settings are deselected.

Check the tick's in the settings, if that doesn't work, delete schannel.dll from \Windows and then as Nick says, reinstall the SSL Update.
 Top of the page
Rixware Page Icon Posted 2005-04-30 5:26 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I cannot get to any security settings in PIE. When I go in (View > Options > Advanced > Security Settings...) I get the same error message and cannot get to any settings.

So I deleted schannel.dll and reinstalled the SSL patch. Strangely, it asked me if I wanted to replace the old version of schannel.dll (which I thought I had just deleted -- I watched it go away!). I clicked YES. But now I'm still getting the same error.

What am I doing wrong?

+
 Top of the page
Nick Charlton Page Icon Posted 2005-04-30 5:42 PM
#
H/PC Elite

, Go into the properties of the .dll and untick 'Read Only' then delete it again, also try emptying your recycle bin, and reinstall it

Nick
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-05-01 7:52 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

OK... are you sure you are using a H/PC Pro device (2.11). This is what happens when you install the SSL update under 2.00.
 Top of the page
Rixware Page Icon Posted 2005-05-02 11:50 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Fair question, C:Amie, but yes, it's 2.11 MobilePro 880. From Control Panel > System > System:

Core System Version 2.11
Pocket Internet Explorer Version 3.01
Pocket Outlook Version 3.01

From Applications:

Microsoft Pocket Word v3.01
Microsoft Pocket Excel v3.01
Microsoft Pocket PowerPoint v3.01
Microsoft Pocket Pocket Access v3.01

And I checked to make sure the schannel.dll is not Read Only (which it's not, I'm guessing it would have given me an error if it had been).

I haven't done that much customizing, so I'm thinking my next step is to hard reset, reinstall the NEC SP1 and then the NIC, hoping that something just went weird somewhere...

+
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-05-03 6:41 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Uninstall the Microsoft one and try copying This schennel for the nec into \windows
Overwrite and soft reset.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 10