x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Connecting with wireless for Intermec 6651

armymom84
armymom84 Page Icon Posted 2005-05-14 7:42 AM
#
Hi Okay now I have my serial cable and my network pc card problem resolved.

Now I am having a problem connecting the internet. I am a newbie with the Intermec 6651... I purchased this off of ebay it came with the "Instant Wireless network PC Card (Linksys) Model number WPC11...

I put it in the slot and nothing happens... (the green light for the power and link is on) What do I need to do to get this going? I know it worked for the person I purchased it from so now I just need to figure what I need to do to get me up and running with the wireless internet connection.. Now I do have an Linksys router.

Down below is the link to the Intermec I purchased off of ebay. I hope this shows up where you are able to click on it. This is new to me also.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5771569819&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMERFB%3AIID&rd=1
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-05-14 8:17 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Moved to Hardware Support
 Top of the page
matrixcore Page Icon Posted 2005-05-14 10:32 PM
#
H/PC Elite

1) Have you installed the drivers for the card
2) Have you checked your TCP/IP config in Start -> control panel -> network -> (select the name of your card)
3) have you checked IE's options (if connecting to a router, you should have proxy settings disabled)

hope this helps
 Top of the page
armymom84
armymom84 Page Icon Posted 2005-05-16 11:20 AM
#
1)The drivers are already installed when I purchased it. It has the Linksys PC Wireless Card.

2) Yes, I selected the name of the card. Linksys

3) I have not checked the IE connection... I'm at the office right now. But I will check it when I get home today.

Thanks Matrixcore,

Hey since I have you are there any upgrades for the Intermec 6651? The reason I ask I have Microsoft Money 2004 and I want to install Pocket Money.. But requires for me to have a OS 2002 or better.

Or do you know of a money program that's similar to pocket money that I can load on to it? Thanks again...
 Top of the page
armymom84
armymom84 Page Icon Posted 2005-05-18 10:57 AM
#
Hi, Okay I checked my IE and I do not have my proxy settings checked... I am frustrated because I am not IT savy...

This intermec 6651 I purchased. Has so much on it... It looks like this person had lots of different type of connections... But like I said I am not IT savy... I am lost.. I just thought it would be so easy to connect. since I have Linksys and I have the wireless card linksys... So, as of now I am not connected... I was hoping someone that knows the Intermec 6651 really well could walk me through it...

Thanks is advance.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-05-18 5:17 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Linksys + Windows CE = do not go there

See http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/h/0007.asp

Alternativly search the HCL for:
NL-2511CD
and download the HPC2000 driver.
 Top of the page
JFair
JFair Page Icon Posted 2005-06-23 1:43 AM
#
I have the NL2511CD PC card in an Intermec 6651.
I loaded the HPC2000 driver from this site.
It works great, except for one thing:

When my neighbour's wireless router signal strength is stronger than my router's, the WLAN seems to try to connect to the stronger source, even though I select my router and click "Connect".

If I get closer to my router, then I can get the WLAN associated to my router, and then it will still work when I move away, until it associates to my neighbour's router after awhile.

What's up with that?

J
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-06-23 1:53 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

you should explicitly give your network's SSID in the wlan settings on the intermec. it is set to ANY by default, that's why it connects to the network with the best signal.. which is no good.. but it can easily be solved, as you can see
 Top of the page
JFair
JFair Page Icon Posted 2005-06-23 2:58 AM
#
The WLAN panel doesn't have anywhere to enter the SSID.

It has only:
- network
- ad-hoc or peer-peer
- network speed
- WEP settings

And that's it.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-06-23 8:15 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

doesn't "profile" give an option where you can enter it? can you post a screenshot of the profile part maybe?
 Top of the page
JFair
JFair Page Icon Posted 2005-06-23 11:06 PM
#
The profile input area is just one box. I tried entering the SSID in the Profile box, and the Network box, but neither worked.

I have a screen shot, but I can't copy it into this window. Suggestions?

J

Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-06-24 2:10 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

oh, well i remembered now that the profile box isn't for the SSID. it's for you to create different profiles with different settings. neat, isn't it the network box should work though. what's there by default?
screenshot: you can try to send it to me, address is contactchan (at) freemail (dot) hu
 Top of the page
wingman Page Icon Posted 2005-06-28 8:37 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

On the 6651 go to <start>, <programs> ,<sharp applications>, <simple internet connection>. Follow the instructions on the screen. You should be able to connect after setting up the wireless connection properly with this application. I have used a NETGear MA701 (802.11b) for a couple of years now and it works flawlessly plugged into the CF slot on my 6651. If the Linksys continues to give you problems you might look at the Netgear cards. I have no idea what they currently offer for HPC if anything... this card works great and have never had a need to upgrade.
 Top of the page
dogy4sale
dogy4sale Page Icon Posted 2005-07-25 1:36 AM
#
I have a question. will the netgear MA521 pc card work well with nec mp780? The MA701 CF and MA521 pc card have about the same configuration and come from the same series.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-07-25 5:09 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

no, it seems it's a cardbus, isn't ti? no cardbus will ever work on a hpc!
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 10