x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Airpanel 100 question

« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... Next »
QuagmireMan Page Icon Posted 2009-02-13 7:35 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

v100hell - 2009-02-13 5:08 PM

So here's a question. You can reset the V100 by opening the back panel and pressing the reset button. The manual states that if you do this you will loose all data and the device will be restored to factory settings. Normally that would obviously mean any messed up drivers you install will be gone. Does it? Does the device actually restore an image or is there a risk the installed bad drivers would remain?

You can pull the battery to reset it. There is a folder that retains the data you keep on it, called Permanent Storage

It starts like the out of the box state when you pull the battery.
 Top of the page
v100hell Page Icon Posted 2009-02-13 11:14 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

OK, the Cisco 250 2.50 drivers (CiscoWince2002b.cab) did not work. It actually removed the wireless tab. I reset the V100 and the wireless tab is back.
 Top of the page
kommie2000 Page Icon Posted 2009-02-16 1:49 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

QuagmireMan - 2009-02-13 2:53 PM

kommie2000 - 2009-02-12 5:48 PM

V100hell, pick up a DLink DWL650 on ebay. They are going for less than $10 with shipping. I have the one with the square end and the yellow circles around the globe picture and I can attest that it works. I'll send you the drivers for it when you get one. It took me a day of searching to find them. Everyone on the net says these cards do not use the Prism driver but they do. They use the Prism 2.5 chipset. I found the drivers here on HPCFactor.com actually. Install the 2577 CAB file, insert the card, enter in Prismnds.dll and you are good to go.

Could you please post a link to the files, and what OS your AP is running. I think that would be very helpful to us all.

Are you able to scan for wireless networks with your card, or do you have to manually enter it?

The files are located here http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/h/0028.asp

I used the latest ones for Win CE 4.1 at the very bottom. My card is a DLink DWL 650. I don't have it here for the specific version, I'll edit this post when I do have the card in my hand though.

My Airpanel 100 is running the Win CE 4.1 firmware downloaded from http://www.la.viewsonic.com/support/drivers/drivers.cfm?product=56889&os_key=all&formName=product

I am running the CE Communicator version 4.1. I used the hacked booter mentioned earlier. I can email it if you need it.

I am able to scan for SSID's. It works to both access point and ad hoc networks. The Prism software allows you to create profiles for different networks too.

I used it on a trip to South Dakota this weekend and it worked well. I was doing ad hoc to the laptop under my drivers seat for remote desktop GPS stuff, and then I drove around the town to find open access points for internet access.
 Top of the page
kommie2000 Page Icon Posted 2009-02-16 2:13 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

v100hell - 2009-02-13 4:08 PM

So here's a question. You can reset the V100 by opening the back panel and pressing the reset button. The manual states that if you do this you will loose all data and the device will be restored to factory settings. Normally that would obviously mean any messed up drivers you install will be gone. Does it? Does the device actually restore an image or is there a risk the installed bad drivers would remain?

Yes, pulling the battery and power for a few seconds resets everything. Anything you installed is gone. This can be a blessing and a pain. My airpanel did lock up on me a couple times and after the hard reset I had to re-install my Prism drivers to get the wireless working again.

I set up a folder on my CF card for the install cabs. I copy the cabs to the main folder on the card because they delete after installing.

I'm going to try and pull the Ipaq backup software off the rx3715 I have. That works really well for restoring after a hard reset.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-02-16 3:12 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I've been using EZOS EZBackup, which is free but a little buggy.
 Top of the page
kommie2000 Page Icon Posted 2009-02-17 11:39 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I used the latest ones for Win CE 4.1 at the very bottom. My card is a DLink DWL 650. I don't have it here for the specific version, I'll edit this post when I do have the card in my hand though.

My card is a DWL-650, V.P1 at the end of the serial number. It's called the DLink Air 802.11b Wireless PC Card Adapter. It has the picture of the world on it with blue circles going around it. The antenna end that sticks out of the airpanel is the same width as the card and the sides are straight.

There are two versions of the card out there. The first version is also the DWL-650 but it looks a little different. The world picture doesn't have the circles around it and the antenna part angles inward on the sides. That is the version that is listed as compatible with Win CE all over the internet.

Top of the page
kommie2000 Page Icon Posted 2009-02-17 11:44 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Sean Riddle - 2009-02-13 1:23 AM

kommie2000 - 2009-02-12 5:37 PM
You can verify that your IrDA port is functional on your AP 100 with some software. Remote Control II will run on the device and it learns and transmits IR for your TV and such. They have a trial version too. http://www.wincesoft.de/html/remotecontrol_ii.html

Kommie-

I downloaded the RCII trial and it will learn codes, but it will not transmit anything. I verified this by pointing a camcorder at the IR port. If I go to Programs/Communication/IR Sync, I can see the IR port flash through the camcorder. Do you know if this is an issue with the trial version, or if there is some conflict with IrDA?

My airpanel 100 has Win CE v3.0 build 126. RCII automatically chooses COM2: Native Serial Port 2, and if I select any other port, it no longer learns codes.

Thanks-

Sean

I will have to actually try transmitting with the RCII. I only loaded it and verified that is could see my IrDA port. Never actually tried to use it. on the Airpanel. I have used it on my IPaq though.
 Top of the page
v100hell Page Icon Posted 2009-02-19 11:01 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

kommie2000, there are quite a few on Ebay with the blue circles. There's also the 650+. Can you point to one in this list:
http://shop.ebay.com/items/?_nkw=DLink+DWL+650&_sacat=0&_fromfsb=&_trksid=m270.l1313&_odkw=DLink&_osacat=0
 Top of the page
QuagmireMan Page Icon Posted 2009-02-21 1:22 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

CE Geek - 2009-02-09 3:11 AM

I just copied to the Airpanel, and executed there, the CAB file wireless.SA1100.CAB from the Agere driver package here (look inside Inflated.zip inside the downloaded package).

As for your other question, there isn't USB mass storage support in the Airpanel (there is USB mouse and keyboard support), and the Iomega Clik! USB driver doesn't seem to work on the Airpanel.

How come I can not find this file "wireless.SA1100.CAB " in the zip?

Edit: Sorry I assumed you were using the CE 4 drivers, now I can see that you used the CE 3 Drivers.....

I still can not get a wireless card to work in this darn thing!! I have been try the orinoco gold and still no luck for me

Edited by QuagmireMan 2009-02-21 1:45 AM
 Top of the page
QuagmireMan Page Icon Posted 2009-02-21 2:14 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

I am running the CE Communicator version 4.1. I used the hacked booter mentioned earlier. I can email it if you need it.

I am able to scan for SSID's. It works to both access point and ad hoc networks. The Prism software allows you to create profiles for different networks too.

I used it on a trip to South Dakota this weekend and it worked well. I was doing ad hoc to the laptop under my drivers seat for remote desktop GPS stuff, and then I drove around the town to find open access points for internet access.

What do you mean hacked booter? Anyway you could get the file hosted and post a link here?
 Top of the page
Sean Riddle
Sean Riddle Page Icon Posted 2009-02-21 4:46 AM
#

V100hell, pick up a DLink DWL650 on ebay. They are going for less than $10 with shipping. I have the one with the square end and the yellow circles around the globe picture and I can attest that it works. I'll send you the drivers for it when you get one. It took me a day of searching to find them. Everyone on the net says these cards do not use the Prism driver but they do. They use the Prism 2.5 chipset. I found the drivers here on HPCFactor.com actually. Install the 2577 CAB file, insert the card, enter in Prismnds.dll and you are good to go.

Kommie- I got a DWL-650 V.P1 off ebay for $10 shipped, but I'm having problems getting it to work in my airpanel 100. This one has WinCE V3.0 Build 126. I tried the Prism drivers 1.07.24.1025, 1.07.37.1095 and 1-04-03-0095, but none of them seem to work. 24.1025 installs w/o error, but when I insert the card and tell it to use prismnds.dll, the activity light comes on for a couple of seconds and then goes out. I can see PRISM1: and PRISMNDS1: listed in the network configuration, but if I try to run the Wireless Config Utility that got installed, it says "unable to connect to the wireless network card". System Properties does not show the card installed. If I eject it and put it back in, the activity light will come on for another couple of seconds and then go out. The other 2 Prism driver cabs that I tried gave the error "PRISMSTA.EXE performed and illegal operation".

Any ideas? Do I need to update to WinCE 4.0 or 4.1? I would like to use the airpanel for home automation, so I'd like to be able to hit the web and I'd love to get Remote Control working to transmit, but so far, nothing's happening under WinCE 3.0.

Thanks-

Sean
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2009-02-21 4:50 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

QuagmireMan - 2009-02-20 10:22 PM

CE Geek - 2009-02-09 3:11 AM

I just copied to the Airpanel, and executed there, the CAB file wireless.SA1100.CAB from the Agere driver package here (look inside Inflated.zip inside the downloaded package).

As for your other question, there isn't USB mass storage support in the Airpanel (there is USB mouse and keyboard support), and the Iomega Clik! USB driver doesn't seem to work on the Airpanel.

How come I can not find this file "wireless.SA1100.CAB " in the zip?

Edit: Sorry I assumed you were using the CE 4 drivers, now I can see that you used the CE 3 Drivers.....

I still can not get a wireless card to work in this darn thing!! I have been try the orinoco gold and still no luck for me

For the CE 4.1 .net version, try the driver ZIP package cmonex hosts on her site:

http://www.hpcmonex.net/izemize.htm

Look for the link called "lucent."
 Top of the page
QuagmireMan Page Icon Posted 2009-02-21 11:52 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

For the CE 4.1 .net version, try the driver ZIP package cmonex hosts on her site:

http://www.hpcmonex.net/izemize.htm

Look for the link called "lucent."

Any special instructions? I am still unable to get this to work. I got a promt that said it wasn't made for this version of windows, but it let me install it anyways. Then when i insert the card the network and power light briefly light up then go out. And my AP doesn't see the orinoco gold card at all.

Any suggestions?

Edited by QuagmireMan 2009-02-21 11:53 AM
 Top of the page
Gonzo
Gonzo Page Icon Posted 2009-02-21 7:27 PM
#
Wow.. After many days and alot of help from all of you, I finally got my airpanel 100 up and running and able to contect to my XP pro machine. My airpanel is running CE 3.0. I clicked on the link above to see if the firmware upgrade to CE 4.1 was available and I don't see it. Does anyone know where I can get the upgrade?
Thanks for the help.
 Top of the page
QuagmireMan Page Icon Posted 2009-02-21 8:42 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Gonzo - 2009-02-21 7:27 PM

Wow.. After many days and alot of help from all of you, I finally got my airpanel 100 up and running and able to contect to my XP pro machine. My airpanel is running CE 3.0. I clicked on the link above to see if the firmware upgrade to CE 4.1 was available and I don't see it. Does anyone know where I can get the upgrade?
Thanks for the help.

Why would you upgrade if you got it working? I think you might run into more problems getting things to work after an "upgrade"

I am thinking of trying to downgrade to see if I can get either of the wifi cards I bought working with the AP.
 Top of the page
« Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... Next »
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 51 - Executed queries : 28