x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

J728 and IR connection

rumen_s Page Icon Posted 2008-11-24 6:59 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

Hello,

I am fighting with my laptop 2 days but unfortunately cannot establish IR connection with J728. Laptop is with Vista OS and has FIR port. I am trying to send some files from J728 to laptop but nothing happens. Laptop sees IR device but there is no any manu for accepting files. When I try to send files from laptop to J728 there is a message saying that J728 actively refuses connection.

The idea behind that is I have virtual PC installed running Windows 95. I have installed ActiveSynx and I am trying to synx with J728 but cannot establish IR connection because J728 is not detected.

So, I think problem with connection between laptop and J728 should be solved and then I will be able to synx.

Any help will be appreciated!

Thanks and regards,
Rumen
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2008-11-24 10:48 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
Hi, Rumen,

What program are you using on the J to send/receive (you should try TotalCommander)? Secondly, is it possible to downgrade laptop ir to SIR in BIOS? I don't have Vista so I don't know for certain, but is there a "Wireless Link" icon in Control Panel (does Vista even have a Control Panel?)?

Jake
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-11-24 2:00 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

You have to initiate an IR sync connection from the 728 rather than from the PC (Start -> Programs -> Communication -> PC Link). Have you tried this?
 Top of the page
rumen_s Page Icon Posted 2008-11-24 3:47 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Thanks Jake,

Unfortunately there is no BIOS settings for this. However, in device manager I may control IR speed. It is very strange because devices see each other but cannot exchange even single file... I played with different protocols, etc. without any success.

CE Geek,

I initiated an IR connection from J728 - the same story. I have red forum carefully and tried everything...

Who knows... may be incompatible protocols, standarts or... Very strange, IR is something simple, but not in this case
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-11-24 5:11 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Check these tutorials if you haven't already, in case they point out something you might have missed:

http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/c/0017.asp

http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/h/0024.asp
 Top of the page
Paianni Page Icon Posted 2008-11-25 8:56 AM
#
H/PC Elite

I'm not sure the Windows 95 Virtual PC has noticed your device because the IR hasn't been configured properly. First things first ... is ActiveSync set to IR syncronisation? Check that. If not, remove 95 virtual pc altogether and install ActiveSync 4.1 (the last to support CE 3.0/Handheld PC 2000) on the Main Vista machine. Also, check on the Virtual PC settings that the IR is enabled (if there is that option).

I use my Virtual PC 2007 to go back in time (to Windows 98).
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2008-11-25 5:46 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

95 uses an IR comm stack while NT5/6 uses a different model, I'm not convinced that you can in fact map IR into VPC.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.185 - Cached queries : 65 - Executed queries : 11