x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Compaq Aero 8000 isues

Electrowolf
Electrowolf Page Icon Posted 2005-05-28 10:56 AM
#
I am having problems with my Aero.
It refuses to install most of the software that is supposed to run on it. So far I have only managed to install Microsoft's Powertoys on it. If I try to install anything else like "Handheld PC Pro Service Pack 1" it gives me the message that the software is not shuitable for "This mobile device". It is running handheld pc 3.00 software, so it should be upgradable to 3.01.
I have allso problems with installing drivers for 3com 3c589d-COMBO and 3c589d-TP PCMCIA cards on my Aero. I picked the SH4 install package, copied it to my Aero, installed them and type the driver name when it asks for it. Then nothing happens...
Whould anyone know how I could resolve these problems?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-05-28 5:12 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Only one or two SH4 devices were ever issued, because of that SH4 redistributions are not universal. You also have to ensure you're not running host installers. As per:
http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/s/0088.asp

I thought that the Aero already was a 2.11 9000, H/PC 3.01 release? The Pro SP1 doesn't have SH4 builds anyway.

Bast on user feedback, 2.11 users usually need to track down a pcmcia.dll update for the 3c589 to operate.
 Top of the page
Electrowolf
Electrowolf Page Icon Posted 2005-05-28 9:09 PM
#
Haha, I see now what what went wrong, I didn't use SH4 software but only checked for the proper windows CE version and got some sh3 or mips software. But I am still having problems with the pcmcia 3com cards. I used the sh4 h/pc drivers but it didn't work. And I can't find pcmcia.dll anywhere on it, but I wonder if I actually need it since it sees that it is a network card, but it just doesn't know how to use it.

btw, some nice sh4 software: http://www2r.biglobe.ne.jp/~tascal/download/hpc/index_e.htm
Not a lot, but more then that I could find on hpcfactor
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-05-28 9:37 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

You need the pcmcia.dll update on just about any 2.11 device to use the 589x. I don't make this stuff up. This *may* be a SH4 pcmcia.dll update

HPC:Factor isn't a software redist site.
 Top of the page
Electrowolf
Electrowolf Page Icon Posted 2005-05-29 9:09 AM
#
Thank you.
I installed the pcmcia driver allthou I still don't see any pcmcia.dll in the windows dir, it only the nicfix.exe. After I installed that update I re-installed the 3c589CE sh4 drivers and now the 3com driver shows up at "network". But when I insert the 3c589D-T or 3c589D-combo it still asks for the driver, where I enter 3c589.dll. Yet nothing happens... Got any more ideas about what the problem could be?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-05-29 11:40 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Top of the page
Electrowolf
Electrowolf Page Icon Posted 2005-05-29 12:55 PM
#
As for resetting the eprom:
It states that I need to boot flop floppy, but my aero doesn't have a floppy drive.. ?
I do have a CF card in it.. Whould you know if It is possible to boot from that instead of using a floppy? Or will it be neccesairy for me to find a "normal" computer with floppy drive to reset the eprom of the 3c589X pcmcia cards?
*Kinda new to all the handheld and windows CE stuff, so the status term of newbie kinda shuits me *

Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-05-29 1:38 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

You need to do it on an x86 PC
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 54 - Executed queries : 17