x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Is there an Adobe illustrator - like for Jornada 720?

patrick295767 Page Icon Posted 2009-03-09 12:55 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Is there an Adobe illustrator - like for Jornada 720?
Best regards
 Top of the page
TFGBD Page Icon Posted 2010-04-17 9:11 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Yes, there is VectorSoft Draw. It is a native Windows CE for Pocket PC Vector illustration program. It is admittedly simple compared to desktop tools and about as powerful as Corel Draw or Illustrator 1 or 2 but it still seems a bit more powerful than anything I've seen on the iPhone or Android and it can directly edit current Illustrator and Corel Draw files. It uses MFC CE, so you will need either Redgear or to manually setup your machine to run Pocket PC MFC apps. Tutorials for this are all over this form if you search.
http://www.vectorsoft.gr/site/draw/index.htm

There is also One Cat Doodler for CE but it being unable to export/import any kind of standard format doesn't make it worth mentioning.

A few of the decent free/paid PalmOS vector illustration apps out there may run within the Styletap Palm simulator for WinCE.

You might also be able to run an older CorelDraw or Illustrator on Windows 3.0 under PocketDOS but it willl probably be slow and I'm not sure when Corel stopped supporting the 286. I still have yet to try it myself.

Thirdly, there is a port of the mini vMac 68k Macintosh emulator that may run some older versions of the Macintosh version of Illustrator but it will be in black and while. Though, it is pretty fast. I'm currently looking into porting one of the newer color versions just for this purpose.

If you don't mind booting into Linux, you can also run an older version of Inkscape within the GPE environment but it is kinda slow and isn't exactly optimized for 640x240. (putting it mildly)
Sorry if this reply is late, but hopefully this will help someone who just found this thread.

Edited by TFGBD 2010-04-17 9:27 PM
 Top of the page
ntware Page Icon Posted 2010-04-19 3:52 AM
#
H/PC Elite

hey TFGBD, did you manage to run MinivMac on the Jornada? I tried with redgear but the screen displays very weird. How did you do that?
 Top of the page
TFGBD Page Icon Posted 2010-04-19 5:38 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I haven't tried it in awhile but it was working fine for me in redgear last time I tried it. What version are you using? Also, you may need to manually change it's screen mode in the registry if it starts in scrolling QVGA mode. IE, start the program once and then find the exe name in the Redgear application history stored in the registry. I think it's HKCU(or HKLM?)\Software\Alpaxo Software if I'm not mistaken.

The latest 3.x versions of mini vmac support color. Hopefully those will compile for CE just like the older version. Heck, they even support 68k Macs so you can run mini vmac in mini vmac. I'd also like to make special builds that run the MacOS in common Windows CE native resolutions like 320x240, 640x480, 640x240, 480x272, 800x480, etc. so you don't have to use the buggy scrolling. I can't imagine the OS would mind 640x240 too much. Though, some kind of virtual screen app running within the emulated Mac may be needeed to resize apps that start offscreen. If anyone knows of a program like NYDITOT for 68k Macs, let me know.

Edited by TFGBD 2010-04-19 5:59 PM
 Top of the page
ntware Page Icon Posted 2010-04-19 6:19 PM
#
H/PC Elite

TFGBD,
when I was trying to run mini vmac, I posted a comment on this forum about it. Read it here: http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=14905&posts=1&highlight=vmac&highlightmode=1#M136482
As you can see, the screen is completly scrambled. Sometimes it displays backwards, it's weird.
I didn't get what you said about the registry change. Are you talking about the RedGear screen option or the minivmac screen option? Because if you were talking about redgear, I already tried to change it to all available display modes: PPC, PPC Landscape and Fullscreen and didn't work
 Top of the page
ntware Page Icon Posted 2010-04-24 3:14 AM
#
H/PC Elite

I finally was able to run the latest mini vmac version (2.8.2) with VGA support, but the screen still scrambles. I don't know what is happening. Maybe redgear is confusing the screen buffer, I don't know. Does anybody have a clue?
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.157 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 10