x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Got a HP 620 LX but no link cable! Connection ideas?

PsySal Page Icon Posted 2005-07-10 1:34 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi there! I have recently acquired from the trash (yes) a working HP 620 LX with battery/charger. Noticably absent from the package, however, was any sort of link cable. HP doesn't seem manufacture link cables for this device anymore, but I may be mistaken. So I guess firstly, does anybody know if it's possible to get a link cable for it? In addition to the link port it also has a CF memory slot and also a PCMCIA Type II slot, as well as an IR port. It is a Win CE 2.0 device (not 2.11 upgraded as far as I can tell.)

How can I connect this to my PC? A few ideas I had were to get a PCMCIA ethernet card, something that Win CE 2.0 already knows about and then I can connect to my local network. I could also get a wifi card but my home network is not wifi and I don't really want upgrade it. PCMCIA wired ethernet cards seem to be sort of expensive (moreso than wifi, I think because they are all 10/100 now, when really all I need is a crappy 10Mbps RJ45), and further if the thing requires drivers then I'm sort of hooped because I don't have a way to upload drivers to the device so it's tricky.

I had thought of getting a CF reader for my PC, as well. Then I could just shuttle the flash card back and forth as needed. Well anyhow, I am really new to this sort of thing but I'm wondering if anybody has any other bright ideas. Or maybe even an older PCMCIA wired ethernet card that will work, that I can buy from you?
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-07-10 2:15 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Welcome aboard PsySal!

wow ... erm .. care to share the secret location of the HPC trash heaven?

Yes, you can use a CF card to transfer data around. For network cards, try the HCL

http://www.hpcfactor.com/hcl/

Click on the keyboard picture, its a link!
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-07-10 2:17 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Moved to Windows CE 2.0 support

Your best chances in all three if you're having no luck with hp is eBay.
In the absence of a serial cable, your first and foremost option is Infrared. There are guides on IrDA, general sync and on networking in the support section.

As for network adapters, you cannot sync over one until you have used a IR or Serial connection to create the partnershiop.
A list of compatible adapters is in the HCL (Hardware from the navigation), you'll also need the HPC:Factor NSP.
 Top of the page
Pete P. Page Icon Posted 2005-07-10 6:54 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Not to stray, but I am having difficulty syncing over Activesync and IR with my Clio.... I dont need it, but it'd be nice :-) I have a USB IrDA adapter, and it lackes the funny named transfer protocol mentioned in the HCL..... Am I boned?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-07-10 6:57 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Have you been through the support section?
 Top of the page
matrixcore Page Icon Posted 2005-07-11 12:53 AM
#
H/PC Elite

USB IR adapters oftenly have trouble when syncing devices. you should try a serial dongle instead
 Top of the page
xaviber76 Page Icon Posted 2005-08-05 4:39 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

First of all, hi everyone and congrats for this forum and the site.

I received a HP 660lx a few days ago and I am trying to connect it to my PC, as happened with PsySal, I don't have a serial cable to connect it, so I tried to connect via IrDA, but ActiveSync (in the PC) says it doesn't find the device and the 660lx says I have to start a partnership before using AS, and the Pc Link option doesn't work... how can I fix this?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-08-05 8:49 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Go through step 2 on the how-to here:
http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/c/0017.asp
 Top of the page
xaviber76 Page Icon Posted 2005-08-05 10:22 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I've tried it several times but unfortunately it doesn't work. I'm using a USB infrared port in my PC (don't know if it matters, but...)
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-08-05 10:58 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Top of the page
xaviber76 Page Icon Posted 2005-08-05 11:36 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Sorry it doesn't work, I think it's the IrDA of the 660 that doesn't work

Thanks a lot for your help
 Top of the page