x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Installing software onto my Compaq C140

dhbegnaud
dhbegnaud Page Icon Posted 2005-07-15 2:24 PM
#
I am trying to install and run software onto my COmpaq C140 running Windows CE 1.0. I have H/PC Explorer 1.1 and can synch with no problem. I have downloaded some WINCE1.0 software (at least that's what they say). I loded it onto my synch window in Explorer. When I try to run it on my C140 it says that the program is not recognized. Any help would be great.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-07-15 2:48 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Top of the page
dhbegnaud
dhbegnaud Page Icon Posted 2005-07-15 4:07 PM
#
I have looked at the 0088 thread. I am still unclear as what I am suppose to install along with my H/PC Explorer synch program. I am trying to run the PowToy for CE 1.0. What should I download and install? Or when I have my synch window open on my desktop/laptop do I run the program there??

Help please.

Thanks.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-07-15 4:11 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Just connect your H/PC to HPCEX, double click the power toys .exe on your host pc and click through the install wizard. It'll then be uploaded to your H/PC automatically.
 Top of the page
dhbegnaud
dhbegnaud Page Icon Posted 2005-07-15 6:15 PM
#
I have another question relating to my Compaq C140 and pocket internet explorer. I am new to Windows CE completely and the use of a handheld so please bear with me.

My C140 does NOT have a built in modem so I will need to either get a PCMA II modem card for it or a PCMA Type II ethernet card or wireless card for it I assume. What about using internet explorer when I am synched to the host computer and the host computer is networked. Can I surf the web that way?

Thanks for your patience.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-07-15 6:25 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Going through our support section is certainly worth spending a little time, your questions so far have all been answered there.

On this one see:
http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/c/0018.asp

CE 1 doesn't support networking, it does modems.
Ensure that you're using PIE 1.1 also.
 Top of the page
dhbegnaud
dhbegnaud Page Icon Posted 2005-07-15 7:38 PM
#
Thanks alot.

I know I guess I need to take the time to read through more of the support documents that are on this website. But as I am just getting started I appreciate all the help you have given me.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 43 - Executed queries : 27