x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

pro_01 Page Icon Posted 2005-07-21 10:57 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

for a few days now i am trying to make my 720 use wi-fi connection to gain access to the net. and without success by now. i have a wi-fi card installed on my pc. both wi-fi cards are set to ad-hoc mode, WEP protection is enabled and the PC and Jornada do actually connect to each other. next i shared my LAN connection. and that's where i'm stuck. i'm not quite sure what to do next in order to make the Jornada access the net via my PC. and also what should i do to share resources between them? i don't see the Jornada as a device on my PC except in the wi-fi card software where it indicates the connection is actually made. my firewall does not detect any signs of activity from the Jornada which gives me the idea that something is very wrong with IP's, nameservers etc. i have set everything to automatic - the LAN card on the pc gets it's settings from the DHCP. and i thought the wi-fi card on the Jornada will somehow manage to get the settings from the PC. but it seems i am wrong. so what shoud i do to make successful connection sharing between them?

by the way, i am running windows 2000 on the PC.

thanks
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-07-21 11:23 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Moved to HPC2000 support
Please better consider where you are posting questions.
 Top of the page
pro_01 Page Icon Posted 2005-07-22 3:12 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

sorry...
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2005-07-23 2:29 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Ok I guess our admin is a little busy, allow me to point you in the right direction (and hope not to screw up, heh)
pro_01 - 2005-07-21 7:57 AM
i'm not quite sure what to do next in order to make the Jornada access the net via my PC.

http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/c/0007.asp
and also what should i do to share resources between them?

http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/c/0006.asp

P.S. To everyone, for the list of all CESD articles, simply click on "Support & Tutorials" at the top of page

Edited by takwu 2005-07-23 2:32 AM
 Top of the page
clintonfitchdotcom Page Icon Posted 2005-07-23 9:45 AM
#
Avatar image of clintonfitchdotcom
H/PC Elite

Good point Takwu!
 Top of the page
welcom Page Icon Posted 2005-07-28 12:49 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I setup my wifi network on my hpc very easily..do not use DHCP, it will conflict with the others,and no ad-hoc, switch to Ap mode, just fill up the ssid, internal ip, gateway, dns,blahblahblah...manually, and here u go! u can share the resouces with ur laptop, access internet and activesync wirelessly.

Edited by welcom 2005-07-28 12:54 AM
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.141 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 10