x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

A Kudos to All for the Avantgo Effort!

willdao Page Icon Posted 2005-07-23 9:30 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

Just a simple thank you, thank you, thank you, !!! for all the effort to enable Avantgo! in its latest incarnation!

[ http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/s/0055.asp ]

I'd thank you individually, if I knew whom to credit, let alone spotlight!

I worked through the instructions provided (albeit...er...on faith... blindly), and--lo, behold!

Worked perfectly upon completion of the simple steps.

So, again, a kudos to all involved; I KNOW it was a ton of hard work; and, if it's not too much to ask:

Please take a well-deserved bow, each of you (?), below this post--so everyone can know and thank you [you hitherto anonymous critter(s)]!

(All those in favor, an "aye" will be recorded; an' we do expect a resounding "aye!"

Thanks, folks, as ever.

You're the best!

Will

(^willdao ^at ^verizon ^dot ^net ^kinda ^address, dig?) Not sure I can help w/probs, 'cause I had none, but I'll try my best, if needed...but betcha you won't need help...If there's nothing worse than HAVNG to use a basically, in the end, for-profit client like Avantgo, to link to the basic news and info and related stuff that you want...at least there's nothing BETTER than HPC Factor (and Friends/Members) to help one make it possible on your H/PC.

P.S. I found out that "kudos" is nominally a singular noun; such that it properly takes "a" or "the" as a modifier (among others, of course). Cool, huh? That darned kudos will trip you up, if you let it...and BTW: the plural is, apparently "kudos." Tricky, eh? Be the first on your block to...well, you get the idea

Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-07-24 6:50 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Thanks Will.
I wrote that such a long time ago now. Seems like an eternity.
I think that you are the first person to comment on it.

I'm pleased that it worked for you and that you have found it useful. Thanks for your kind words.

a kudos to you too
 Top of the page
willdao Page Icon Posted 2005-07-24 8:25 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

I rather figured it was you, Chris, but wasn't exactly sure (I am becoming attuned to the way you write).

So, "officially"--my thanks! And, I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way: and all you folks on the fence? Follow the instructions, and enjoy premium content on your HPC for free (e.g. "Salon" charges for their content, normally).

Very nice job, natch!

Will

Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-07-24 8:40 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

willdao - 2005-07-25 2:25 AM

(I am becoming attuned to the way you write).

yeah me too
 Top of the page
willdao Page Icon Posted 2005-07-24 10:26 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Oh, cmonex, don't think I'm not becoming attuned to YOUR droll wit, too!

Too funny!

Lol
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-07-24 11:01 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

lol..!
OK, looks like i can familiarize myself with your posts too (quite unique style ), if you write a little more often..
 Top of the page
willdao Page Icon Posted 2005-07-24 11:31 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Cmonex, all kidding aside (weeeelll, maybe not friggin' ALL kidding! ), I'd be here at HPC Factor more often if I, like, had problems! But I don't! Shame on me, of course, but everything's working great!

(Isn't that the bane...that we only tend to turn up when we have prob's?)

I must admit, though, that I find the community here to be exemplary...and I often "lurk" just to, you know, kinda touch base with folks I way admire, albeit from a distance.

But you're right: I SHOULD log in and share more often...'cause, at the least, my HAPPY experiences surely are more important and worth sharing, than are my (rare) troubles, right?

Meanwhile, and this is sincere: you and Chris and Snappy! and so many others have helped me make my HPC an integral part of a life thats kinda , well, as best I can make it so, "well-lived"...er, ahem...again, I reiterate with repetitive redundancy (joke!): at least as well-lived as I can make it (always a work-in-progress as all our lives are, bien sur).

If I knew you better (more completely), I'd invite you--and ALL you--over for a beer, or...mmm...several hundred?!

Thanks for the encouragement...aside from the fact that--hell, oblivious to the fact that--we tend here to focus on HPCs, given the forum subject, and all...this is a GREAT cross-section of humanity, and, IMHO, relatively rare, even in terms of "great" tech forums, many others with which I'm happy to be involved (e.g. I'm very into "home theater/home cinema," and the AV Science forum is pretty cool, e.g....but it ain't got nothin' on this cool place, in terms of overall, double-down friendliness, IMHO. I "lurk" there just 'cause I don't even wanna enter the fray, ya know what I mean?).

Anyway, back on point: Thanks!

Will
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-07-25 4:49 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

thanks for your kind words again
though i think i'd prefer tea instead of beer! (yeah.. i'm a little strange sometimes )
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2005-07-25 5:32 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Nice to hear that it worked out for you.

But does the latest AvantGo "for PPC" work under HPC2000? The site says it's for CE3 or newer. I am using it on my Smartbook (CE 4.2) without problem.

Edited by takwu 2005-07-25 5:34 AM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-07-25 8:17 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I rather figured it was you, Chris, but wasn't exactly sure (I am becoming attuned to the way you write).

Oh dear... is this a good thing?
Back to writing school for me then, I hate people to think of me as predictable!

though i think i'd prefer tea instead of beer! (yeah.. i'm a little strange sometimes)
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-07-25 10:36 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

takwu - 2005-07-25 11:32 AM

Nice to hear that it worked out for you.

But does the latest AvantGo "for PPC" work under HPC2000? The site says it's for CE3 or newer. I am using it on my Smartbook (CE 4.2) without problem.

sure it works then (don't think that only your smart Smartbook handles ppc apps ) with a little hacking or without it i'll try it, maybe i would come to like it..
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-07-25 10:37 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

C:Amie - 2005-07-25 2:17 PM

though i think i'd prefer tea instead of beer! (yeah.. i'm a little strange sometimes)

Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 49 - Executed queries : 31