x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Can't get the Avantgo client to work on SIMpad..

Tombraider Page Icon Posted 2005-08-02 3:44 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Anyone have any success? It syncs fine...updates channels but when you click on the Avantgo icon on the SIMpad and try to go to channel manager, nothing happens.
I can see the files from Avantgo in its folder on the SIMpad but have no way to "look" at them since the client doesn't show anything.

I installed the arm cabs from here: http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/s/0055.asp

And I also tried installing through Avantgo's online install. Neither one appears to "work" as a viewer of the channels.
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2005-08-02 7:04 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Did you try the latest version for "Pocket PC"? (AvantGo version 5.7 build 53) It's actually for CE3 and up. It works on my CE 4.2 device.
 Top of the page
Tombraider Page Icon Posted 2005-08-03 10:06 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Thanks, takwu,

I had to install the cabs because Active Sync said it was the wrong device and it worked a lot better than the old version I tried, but it ultimately killed my virtual keyboard for some reason (would not work through button press or other means) and so I had to give it up and do a restore from an old backup I had.

It doesn't look too terribly interesting anyway. Most web sites have a PDA version - you just have to search them out and bookmark them.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 42 - Executed queries : 28