x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

SiRF Prima Evaluation Kit, what software to install?

quailstorm Page Icon Posted 2023-06-17 5:21 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hello community!

Recently I acquired some old SiRF evaluation kits which were disposed by a navigation software developer company. Currently I have two fully working SiRF AtlasIV units, and one fully working SiRF Prima. The latter has a 800x480 touchscreen which is fragile. Out of 5 touchscreens, 1 LCD is "broken" (lines, glitches), 3 touch is broken, and only one is still fully working. Sadly the broken LCD has a good touch, which are glued together with most likely epoxy resin, so it seems nearly impossible to swap the touch onto a good LCD...

Seems like the Prima has 128MB of RAM, a resident flash of 2GB, and an ARM1136JF-S-T CPU (it should contain an OpenGL ES 1.1 compatible GPU as I know).
The operating system is Windows Embedded CE v6.00 (Build 0, Sep 16 2008).

In less than one week, this device will be already at an exhibition. See the following article: Bacsis retro 8th.

Can you please advise me software which would be good for showcase? Also for the AtlasIV which has a 480x272 screen only.
Images in the following IMGBB album.

Edited by quailstorm 2023-06-17 5:48 PM
 Top of the page
I dunk for bananas Page Icon Posted 2023-06-17 7:56 PM
#
Avatar image of I dunk for bananas
H/PC Elite

What are you trying to showcase?
 Top of the page
quailstorm Page Icon Posted 2023-06-17 8:31 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

WindowsCE software for touchscreen. Other though I had was to set up a DOOM or Quake timedemo to loop. As I know there will be HP Jornada on the exhibition anyway (not by me).

People will be allowed to touch and use devices.

Thinking it through, since this device does not have a keyboard, nor an USB host interface, I think the best way is to install MioPocket, or use the apps bundled with that. Those are suitable for PNA devices anyway. This is not a H/PC.

Edited by quailstorm 2023-06-17 8:45 PM
 Top of the page
quailstorm Page Icon Posted 2023-06-19 9:56 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

In the end I installed MIOPocket and several versions of iGO. MIOPocket gave me a good collection of text editors, simple games and task managers, registry editor, etc. Since these boards don't forget everything after a reboot it is simple and efficient.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2023-07-13 11:38 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Some ideas for you if you're looking for software
TMKSoft -check their website, I linked to the news post to give you an idea
SpreadCE
SunVox
Also highly recommend our SCL here
 Top of the page
Jump to forum: