x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

What do you use it for?

Mulder Page Icon Posted 2024-02-09 12:47 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Newbie

Hi y'all
I just got my first HPC (a Jornada 680) and already installed some software like PocketDOS for gaming old games on it. Besides that I haven't really installed much software or used it actually. I want to use it to write songs and texts in PocketWord. I'm looking for some more ways on how I could integrate it in my everyday life.

What do you use your Handheld PCs for nowadays?
 Top of the page
goldfishdev Page Icon Posted 2024-02-09 4:34 PM
#
Subscribers
Factor Fanatic

Well, I haven't used my Jornada much, but I definitely use my PDAs. I like doodling on them a lot. Notes are also fun to write.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2024-02-09 5:36 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Top of the page
stingraze Page Icon Posted 2024-02-10 2:46 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Vanguard

I recently was playing PocketDOS like you, but not with DOS. I was trying out an OS called ELKS on my Sigmarion 3. It is a very light version of Linux. It ran great after some tries. I have to figure out how to put it on a HDD image so I can do more than a floppy image.

https://github.com/ghaerr/elks

"ELKS is a project providing a Linux-like OS for systems based on the Intel IA16 architecture (16-bit processors: 8086, 8088, 80188, 80186, 80286, NEC V20, V30 and compatibles). Such systems are ancient computers (IBM-PC XT / AT and clones) as well as more recent SBCs, SoCs, and FPGAs. ELKS supports networking and installation to HDD using both MINIX and FAT file systems." (From the GitHub link above)

-stingraze

Edited by stingraze 2024-02-10 2:47 AM
 Top of the page
WallyB110 Page Icon Posted 2024-02-15 6:09 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Wow thats cool ! Id like to experiment with this myself on one of my units. Either a 680e or a 690. Those would be the pick of the litter for color units. :-)
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 11