x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Any list of games that work with HP Jornada 680?

1 2 3
ABBADON Page Icon Posted 2024-03-03 4:25 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Yes, but the only pc I've got with xp is a netbook with no serial port. I bought an adaptor, but the Jornada even appears when connected, so... No. Sync is a NoGo for me. OH, and I've installed all drivers and what the adaptor needs... I don't know how for all people DoomCE works.

Edited by ABBADON 2024-03-03 4:29 PM
 Top of the page
WallyB110 Page Icon Posted 2024-03-03 4:40 PM
#
H/PC Elite

^ You might have a port conflict going on. Mess with the settings in Activesync. Ill have to do a video showing what i had to do. My XP machine does NOT have a serial port either. Im using a Serial to USB adapter too. Let me work on a video and maybe that will help ya out :-)
 Top of the page
ABBADON Page Icon Posted 2024-03-03 4:52 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

THANKS-A-LOT I'll wait to see what you did. I tried the drivers included and nothing happened. And Async gave me a invalid address violation or... Gosh!!, I did not took a picture of that message, sorry
 Top of the page
WallyB110 Page Icon Posted 2024-03-03 4:53 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Lemmi know what the error says, that may help me find a solution for ya ;-)
 Top of the page
ABBADON Page Icon Posted 2024-03-03 5:00 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I'm on it, but... in the meanwhile...

https://www.reddit.com/r/itrunsdoom/comments/1abqbfj/doomce_on_an_hp360lx_windows_ce_20/

Why... WHY!!!...

I finally get Async to work, but... It says Device not connected, USB available, and... My mobile device appear in Explorer, but when I open it it's empty...
When I press next, it returns to the usb available screen

Edited by ABBADON 2024-03-03 5:15 PM
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2024-03-03 6:32 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

I didn't know you were doing USB sync

You need to install the Jornada USB driver from the Jornada CD I believe
https://www.cs.cornell.edu/people/egs/portos/jornada.htm
has instructions
 Top of the page
ABBADON Page Icon Posted 2024-03-03 6:55 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Hi. The 680 has not USB ports, so I am using a Serial to USB converter. The fact is that sync tries to connect, and also detects the COM port (the USB cable is rightly detected as Com), but the Jornada refuses to appear or connect. Will try AS 3.5 instead of AS 3.8, just in case, but I'm starting to feell a bit... Defeated...

COM settings are as follows

Bps 57600
Bits 8
Pair No
Stop Bits 1
Flow control No
Reception 4096
Transmission 4096
Latency 16
Read time limit 0
Write time limit 0
Serial enum checked
Selective suspend idle 5 secs

I'll search AS 3. 5...
 Top of the page
WallyB110 Page Icon Posted 2024-03-03 7:08 PM
#
H/PC Elite

ABBADON - 2024-03-03 6:55 PM

Hi. The 680 has not USB ports, so I am using a Serial to USB converter. The fact is that sync tries to connect, and also detects the COM port (the USB cable is rightly detected as Com), but the Jornada refuses to appear or connect. Will try AS 3.5 instead of AS 3.8, just in case, but I'm starting to feell a bit... Defeated...

COM settings are as follows

Bps 57600
Bits 8
Pair No
Stop Bits 1
Flow control No
Reception 4096
Transmission 4096
Latency 16
Read time limit 0
Write time limit 0
Serial enum checked
Selective suspend idle 5 secs

I'll search AS 3. 5...

Change the port and change the setting to 19200 speed. For some reason the 57600 gives me issues. Im using 3.8 version and it works. I am getting around to doing the video in a lil bit when i have some extra time. But mess with the com settings in Activesync. Itll work. ;-)

Be back with a video in a lil bit ;-)
 Top of the page
ABBADON Page Icon Posted 2024-03-03 7:30 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Installed 3.5, and tested all 3 COM ports available, 19200... No luck... Probably I'm stupid!!!

Edit: I'd return to 3.8 and... No luck either...

Good thing is that PORT1 is OK, and the Async tries to connect through it. Problem is that the device still appears as present but not recognized an thus it don't sync with my netbook

Edited by ABBADON 2024-03-03 8:01 PM
 Top of the page
WallyB110 Page Icon Posted 2024-03-03 8:29 PM
#
H/PC Elite

https://youtu.be/SAZIDngtNyY

Video of connecting to Active Sync 3.8
^

Ok i know this was just a quick and messy video. But i was trying to hold the camera and make sure i was getting the shots, while using a damn touch pad (I NEVER use my touch pad, always have a mouse). HAH!

You mention that it tries to connect and does and then quickly disconnects ? Or it just doesnt connect ? In the video i mention my 690 was connecting and then disconnecting (very quickly). I cleaned with a Q-tip and some rubb alchol the port on the back of the 690 and tried it again and that was the issue. But either its conflicting with another COM port or its dirty or maybe your serial cable is bad ? Also see if your USB driver is the most recent. If so, maybe try an older version of the driver.

As you see in my video i get an error when i boot to windows and it goes to startup Activesync. But i still am able to connect. I had one moment where it wouldnt and then i changed the COM port and it worked like a charm.

Also the speed i mentioned in another post, for some reason 19200 is the fastest i can use without having issues. Not sure why. But i seem to remember having issues 20+ years ago like this... ? I cant remember.

I hope this helps and let me know after youve seen the video so i can remove it from my youtube. ;-) This video is for educational purposes only hahah!

Top of the page
ABBADON Page Icon Posted 2024-03-03 8:57 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Thanks for the. Video!!, you can remove it I wrote down all the info. And my 680 does not connect, tries, but does not connect. I'll try to tighten things and clean the USBs. Drivers are up to date (I think they're 2023 ones). Wish me luck!!
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2024-03-03 9:01 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

1-try initializing the sync from the device first. Use this guide

https://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/200018/windows_ce_pc_link_software_guide/

2-please tell me your model usb serial adapter so I can check for latest driver

3-is windows xp service pack 3 installed ?

4-try a reboot
 Top of the page
ABBADON Page Icon Posted 2024-03-03 9:30 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

1. Tried. No luck.
2. Gamefox model 2253 USB2. 0 a RS232 RS 232 DB9
3. Yes. WINXP SP3
4. Rebooted 10 times before writing this reply :/

Could it be the USB of the netbook the culprit?, Probably it's Usb 1.0 and so it fails...

Or is the cable... China brand, you know.
If yours work, then probably I should try the same brand...

Edited by ABBADON 2024-03-03 9:45 PM
 Top of the page
WallyB110 Page Icon Posted 2024-03-03 9:49 PM
#
H/PC Elite

^ I have an extra cable if ya think it maybe the cable you can try. But lets see what other idea's come down the line here from others. I think we can get it working for ya with the help of everyone :-)
 Top of the page
ABBADON Page Icon Posted 2024-03-03 9:57 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Ha ha!! Thanks , you're so kind nd The cable is the original from my 360 LX, and, so far, it's still OK and works, sorry, I did say "cable" when I want to say "adaptor", sorry... but... What's the brand of your USB to 232 adapter? Probably mine is so cheap that it will cause trouble...

Edited by ABBADON 2024-03-03 9:58 PM
 Top of the page
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.25 - Cached queries : 30 - Executed queries : 52