x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

What's Your Favourite Software for the HP Jornada 720?

1 2
ImmyChan Page Icon Posted 2024-04-03 8:46 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Newbie

Tomorrow my HP Jornada 720 will arrive and I'm curious what kind of software I should run on it. So for some ideas I figured I'd ask you guys what you run on your Jornada 720 or similar compatible devices
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2024-04-03 9:55 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Top of the page
ImmyChan Page Icon Posted 2024-04-04 9:14 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Newbie

Thanks for the great suggestions! I'll be sure to check those out when my Jornada gets here. Out of curiosity, what are the best ways to get online to use those online applications?
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2024-04-04 9:19 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Top of the page
WallyB110 Page Icon Posted 2024-04-05 1:34 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Im finally getting around to getting JLime up and running on my 690. Wish me luck ! :-)
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2024-04-05 5:13 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

ImmyChan - 2024-04-04 2:14 PM

Thanks for the great suggestions! I'll be sure to check those out when my Jornada gets here. Out of curiosity, what are the best ways to get online to use those online applications?

Sorry I didn't read your post correctly haha.

You can use an Ethernet Card, or if you have an old secondary wireless router to broadcast WEP security, because the Jornada 720 will not work with WPA
https://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/200218/troubleshooting_wireless_wifi_connections_on_windows_ce
But yeah, I have a WEP wifi PC card and also ethernet card as well
User @joval I believe uses an ethernet card connected to a device that's powered by USB to feed the wifi connection over to the ethernet card. I think this thread will assist too
https://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=21294&start=1

As for selecting a Wifi and or Ethernet Card:
Wifi, I recommend the Cisco Aironet 350
https://www.hpcfactor.com/hcl/detail.asp?hcdid=102&pn=1&categoryId=%2D1&sortBy=&hclq=cisco&gowince=1%2C3%2C5%2C7%2C10
Or some people like the Orinoco Cards as well

But basically you can typically go on eBay and use the HCL here
https://www.hpcfactor.com/hcl/default.asp
to find a compatible device
I recommend sticking with something that's in the HCL because it increases the chance that the device will actually work with the 720. Furthermore, check the compatibility listings and see what users marked as already working with the 720. That could be helpful too
 Top of the page
ABBADON Page Icon Posted 2024-04-05 3:16 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I've found this...

https://ia801008.us.archive.org/view_archive.php?archive=/15/items/windowsce1.0/Windows%20CE%201.0.zip

I did not tested any of them, btw

Edited by ABBADON 2024-04-05 3:19 PM
 Top of the page
crait Page Icon Posted 2024-04-30 8:32 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

ABBADON - 2024-04-05 3:16 PM

Nice find! I'll have to try some of these out! I really love when people find sources for downloading software that isn't gatekept by the stupid/malicious owners of HPC Factor!
 Top of the page
crait Page Icon Posted 2024-04-30 8:32 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Nice find! I'll have to try some of these out! I really love when people find sources for downloading software that isn't gatekept by the stupid/malicious owners of HPC Factor!
 Top of the page
FBustamante Page Icon Posted 2024-04-30 3:12 PM
#
Subscribers
Factorite (Junior)

crait - 2024-04-30 8:32 AM

Lo siento, pero te he reportado por falta de respeto.

Me siento insultado por tus palabras y tu actitud negativa.

Puedes opinar lo que quieras pero dentro del respeto hacia las personas que componen este foro.

Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2024-04-30 4:42 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

crait - 2024-04-30 12:32 AM

Look, I can appreciate people’s differing opinions even if I don’t agree. In fact, you strike me as an intelligent person.
But coming to the forum, name calling and not contributing anything else other than dredging up various threads is just…
I don’t know what to say.

If you want to be here, we’re happy to have you here. We’re a nice community, I’d like to think. I hope you’d take the time to just talk to us normally and engage in conversation.

Best regards.
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2024-04-30 5:56 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
@crait For the umpteenth time, this site isn't selling the software; subscriptions pay for the bandwidth and general maintenance. Why is this so difficult to understand?

Jake
 Top of the page
ABBADON Page Icon Posted 2024-04-30 6:51 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I think he's a bit frustrated with the lack of working sw for the 720s that's still around there, and I think he has gotten a little more than frustrated with the forum rules too... And he has lost his manners. Why so much anger, man? Be patient, and in a year or so, especially if you contribute, you will be able to access the HPC files.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2024-04-30 7:05 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

ABBADON - 2024-04-30 10:51 AM

I think he's a bit frustrated with the lack of working sw for the 720s that's still around there, and I think he has gotten a little more than frustrated with the forum rules too... And he has lost his manners. Why so much anger, man? Be patient, and in a year or so, especially if you contribute, you will be able to access the HPC files.

And I don't want @crait to think we're all ganging up. Nor do I feel we are. I just want to do my part to make them feel welcome, even if I disagree with their perspective.
Clearly, he does have experience/intelligence with software development, and I always have respect for people who do.

There are reasons the site has that policy - and there are reasons why crait feels the way he feels about it. I think we can be welcoming, but I do believe it's a two way street. Crait and I can disagree about the site's policies, nor do I intend to go on a diatribe about trying to change his mind.

I don't think the name-calling, dredging up multiple threads is the solution to the issue though.

We can debate the merits of it without resorting to that.

As always, best wishes and regards,
torch
 Top of the page
goldfishdev Page Icon Posted 2024-04-30 9:52 PM
#
Subscribers
Factor Fanatic

I'm not a big fan of the paywalled software, but it's not that big of a deal. I was happy to give a couple bucks to a site I use all of the time, anyway.
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.265 - Cached queries : 68 - Executed queries : 13