x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

HPC-PDA Page Icon Posted 2005-11-04 9:45 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I have a NEC Mobile Pro 790 and I have a SanDisk CompactFlash WiFi SDWCFB128768 card, I have tried the drivers that came with the card, pc2003 and winCE300 and they are not compatible with the device?, what drivers should I use that we knows works with the NEC790?, and once I install driver when I install card do I have to specify the driver *.dll file? for the card ident?
Thank you for any help on this

I posted I think in the right area this time
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-11-04 9:50 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

oh well.. hope the mod of that forum will delete the other post, be more careful next time.

is this the 128 mb model or the model without memory?
 Top of the page
btrimmer Page Icon Posted 2005-11-05 1:02 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

HPC-PDA - 2005-11-04 9:45 PM

I have a NEC Mobile Pro 790 and I have a SanDisk CompactFlash WiFi SDWCFB128768 card, I have tried the drivers that came with the card, pc2003 and winCE300 and they are not compatible with the device?, what drivers should I use that we knows works with the NEC790?, and once I install driver when I install card do I have to specify the driver *.dll file? for the card ident?
Thank you for any help on this

The SanDisk WiFi drivers are all for StrongARM/Xscale CPUs only. MobilePros are SH3 CPUs, so the SanDisk drivers won't work. I don't remember if the SanDisk wifi cards are Prism chipset or not. Might be worth a shot but I wouldn't expect much. There's a reason SanDisk gave up on making Wifi cards completely....
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-11-05 5:54 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Try using Intersil reference drivers:
http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/h/0028.asp
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-11-05 8:02 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

btrimmer - 2005-11-05 7:02 AM

The SanDisk WiFi drivers are all for StrongARM/Xscale CPUs only. MobilePros are SH3 CPUs, so the SanDisk drivers won't work. I don't remember if the SanDisk wifi cards are Prism chipset or not. Might be worth a shot but I wouldn't expect much. There's a reason SanDisk gave up on making Wifi cards completely....

MP's aren't SH3 they're MIPS.

the sandisk cards are prism based but the 128 mb version probably needs its own driver... and a prism driver. at least this is dazz's experience. interesting because sandisk's own driver is just a prism ref driver. so maybe it would work with the prism driver only. i dont know...
and if it's the version without memory it should work with the ref drivers imo
 Top of the page
sumner57 Page Icon Posted 2006-01-11 10:37 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Any update on this combination I already had a sandisk combo network cf card. I just received my 720 from ebay. and sent off for a pcmcia to cf adapter.

Anyone have success getting the sandisk combo wifi card with 128 mb mem to work with the Jornada 720?

Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 12