x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

JSteinmetz
JSteinmetz Page Icon Posted 2005-12-03 11:31 PM
#
Never posted here before, but have lurked for a while. Just found drivers for USB for pen drives and external hard drives for most architectures -

http://www.rothberger.net/pages/reviews/zx_celux300hc_english.shtml

At the bottom of this review (which has the directions in it), there are several links, one of which goes to

http://search.casnavi.nec.co.jp/module_search/program/Module_Detail.asp?MODULE_NO=789

At the bottom of _this_ page (in Japanese) are several links to drivers for different machines (telios, mobilegear, journada, persona, and one other) for the .cab file with the driver.

Basically, you install the driver, soft reset, plug in the device and use 'usbclik' (not 'usbCLICK' - I guess the drivers are generic enough to work with many different devices. I have a pencentra 130, and just got a PNY attache 256M pen drive working wonderfully. According to the claim on the review, it will work with many other devices, but the only other things I have to try it with is a cheap fuji digital camera (which it will not work with), and the USB-to-pcmcia adapter for my old iomega clik drive (which also works fine).

The only thing I had to change was the label for the drive. It came up as garbled characters (ce trying to translate from japanese), so I went into the registry and changed it manually. Also had to add a space to the end of whatever I named it, or it would constantly get the last letter wrong ('USB Disq' instead of 'USB Disk'.

Mods - can we host this somewhere? I have this and a few other drivers that are VERY hard to find on the web anymore (unless you can read japanese, chinese, or korean)
 Top of the page
quiche Page Icon Posted 2005-12-03 11:52 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

I installed these. They have sh4, which is great. Haven't a pen drive to try them out on. Not yet.
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-12-04 12:08 AM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

There are plenty of threads on this already.

In short, it is not the drivers that are the problem (for once), but the hardware itself. If you have an H/PC with usb host, you can do all kinds of stuff. For those of us without, we need to dish out $150 to get a cf card that can do it. I have tried searching for pcmcia cards that did this, but apparently it just was not popular before cardbus.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-04 12:37 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

quiche - 2005-12-04 5:52 AM

I installed these. They have sh4, which is great. Haven't a pen drive to try them out on. Not yet.

lol so the person who said there aren't sh4 clik drivers wasn't right.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2005-12-04 2:05 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

As PS points out, this has been discussed elsewhere in this forum, JSteinmetz. Check out this thread:

http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=2623&posts=36
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-12-04 7:05 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

If you wish to send in drivers, you are more than welcome to do so and we will add them to the HCL driver library and get them into the HCL/CESD if appropriate at this time.
 Top of the page
iamjoe Page Icon Posted 2005-12-04 8:06 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

C:Amie - 2005-12-04 7:05 PM

If you wish to send in drivers, you are more than welcome to do so and we will add them to the HCL driver library and get them into the HCL/CESD if appropriate at this time.

In short, there are two sets of USB Mass Storage Drivers for MIPS HPCs (HPC Pro and HPC2K).

One is this NEC Clik Driver. In its Japanese website, it says it is Copyrighted Software and No Redistruction, blah blah blah. So it is unadvisable to include it into the HCL/CESD.

the second set is a collection of a few Dlls files from a Japanese programer. according to my memories, these dlls seem to be extracted from a certain version of PB. NOt sure it is 100% legal and good to redistri...

Top of the page
JSteinmetz Page Icon Posted 2005-12-04 11:42 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Sorry all, did not realize this had already been discussed. Every other driver I have tried did not work for my pencentra, when I found this last night on another board (posted originally by iamjoe), I didn't look to see if it was here yet. Either way, it's working great for me now, and thanks for the info!

Edited by JSteinmetz 2005-12-04 11:53 AM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-12-04 12:11 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I am already aware of the USB driver situation, and to my knowledge the NEC ones are already in the HCLDL for archiving purposes anyway.
 Top of the page
fragenmensch Page Icon Posted 2005-12-04 12:28 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Can I uise a USB stick on CE2.00??

Marco
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-12-04 2:03 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Nope, USB support was only integrated into the core in CE2.10.
 Top of the page
JSteinmetz Page Icon Posted 2005-12-05 8:59 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

C:Amie - 2005-12-04 12:11 PM

to my knowledge the NEC ones are already in the HCLDL for archiving purposes anyway.

Just curious - this is the first time I have found these drivers, and I still cannot find them on hpcfactor's hcl? Am I looking in the wrong area?

I don't mean to be a pain, I think maybe I am just not understanding.....
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2005-12-05 9:13 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Hey, what's this NEC clik-usb pcmcia card all about? If they'e readily available and cheap enough then the USB problem is solved for anyone w/o USB.

IIRC, someone said there's no pcmcia usb devices AT ALL, other than the Ratoc (yea, CF I know).

IMO, for $40-50 Ratoc would sell so many more of their cf usb cards it wouldn't be funny. I'd be in for two or three for may various machines, but not at >$100 a pop.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2005-12-05 9:37 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

I think the price would be worth it, considering the fact that you are adding functional USB support to an older (or newer) handheld...
OT: Does the CF USB card support CE 2.11?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2005-12-06 6:28 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

tenjeangosi - 2005-12-06 3:37 AM

OT: Does the CF USB card support CE 2.11?

no, and it doesn't officially support hpc2000, but as it is the same CE3 as ppc2000, it works fine, without hacks.
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.234 - Cached queries : 68 - Executed queries : 15