x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Sync'ing Online Content

Ryobi Page Icon Posted 2006-01-07 9:48 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Hey all, I'm sorry if this is posted in another forum or in the wrong forum, so don't blast me. ^_^

Alright, I got my H/PC recently, I brought if off a friend who no longer wanted it. I love the thing, its a little Casio A-11A (It was CE 2.0 when I got it, but I have learned it could have been a CE 1.0 device at one stage).

Here is my problem - I want to sync online content to my H/PC for viewing whist offline through ActiveSync, and I can't see any way of doing this. I tried using Mobile Channels (And its Wizard), but that failed miserably. I have no way of getting on the net through the H/PC, except ActiveSync (Hence the reason I wanna view this stuff offline).

Any ideas, anyone?
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-01-07 11:08 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

You did post in the right forum ...

This may sound dumb and/or be time-consuming, however you could save the actual HTMLs on the A-11 ( in RAM or a PCMCIA card)...

By the way, did you get updates for your Casio here?
 Top of the page
Ryobi Page Icon Posted 2006-01-07 11:15 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Yay, I'm not stupid.

Um, I considered putting the files on there. But I'm talking about regularly updating them. Kinda like a "Sync in the morning, read updated page on the way out" kinda thing. *Hope thats understandable!*

I tried those updates, but they unfortunatly seem to be for CE 1.0. I have the CE 2 SP1, anyhow. Good enough.

--Thanks for your quick reply, btw. It seems every forum I go to, no one replies! --
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-01-07 11:22 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Did you try looking here?

Edited by tenjeangosi 2006-01-07 11:24 PM
 Top of the page
Ryobi Page Icon Posted 2006-01-07 11:45 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Yup, I tried that - It failed miserably.

Any other ideas? Maybe, there is a way to have the computer download the content, and then have ActiveSync only sync the files? Kinda like hoodwinking it? Well, what I mean, is something like this...

Computer searches for content change, downloads html file to the Syncronized File folder (or maybe a sub folder), and ActiveSync just updates that? Could that work?

..And there is always the possibilty that my mind is just thinking too hard...
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-01-08 3:02 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Ryobi - 2006-01-08 4:45 AM
Yup, I tried that - It failed miserably.

What wasn't happening with it?
 Top of the page
Ryobi Page Icon Posted 2006-01-09 1:25 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

It would try to make the channel, download the data, say "Some pages in this site are not meant for offline viewing", or something like that. Then it end up making barely anything out of the channel (a meager 1 byte, or something like that). When viewing it on my Cassiopeia, it would give me a message describing how the page was an automated script, because no information on the site was found.

I considered working more on it, trying to see what was wrong, but then I read that it wouldn't be updated regularly anyway, and that kinda defeats the point. Using the Way Back Machine, I went to Microsoft's old Channel Wizard site, and it said it could be done with a scheduled task - but the steps on how to do it were not archived.

If anyone has soultions to both these problems, I'd be over the moon about it.
 Top of the page
Ryobi Page Icon Posted 2006-01-10 12:04 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Um, update on this!!

I found a solution to my problem, AvantGo. It does the job perfectly. But thanks for your help. (Especially your support documentation)

I'll be back. ;-) Thanks Again!
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-02-14 8:21 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Ryobi,

The information that you were looking for is documented in the Support Section in the following CESD's:
Windows NT 4.0 (original shell) - http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/s/0097.asp
Windows 95 (original shell & Plus) - http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/s/0098.asp
All others - http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/s/0099.asp
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 66 - Executed queries : 9