x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Windows CE 3.0 Driver for Wireless LAN Mini-PCI on x86 platform

ChrisD
ChrisD Page Icon Posted 2006-01-17 4:28 PM
#
I developed a Windows CE 3.0 driver for Windows CE 3.0 for the Cisco MiniPCI card called MPI350. It is based on Intersil Prism 2.5 chipset but the firmware is very different.
We cant buy those boards anymore and I am looking for a solution.
I see you have links on this site to Prism 2.5 drivers for HPC, no doubt a PC Card.

Does anyone have the sources for those that I could combine with my Cisco sources and make a Prism 2.5 x86 MiniPci Driver? One example of a board I found made by Engenius.

Chris
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-01-17 4:46 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

ChrisD,

Unlike with linux distributions, there Windows related source code generally tends to be closed. You would need to sign a licensing agreement with Proxim over use of the driver, they would then provide you with the source tree. What I cannot tell you though is whether that would incur cost, personal hardship or sale of your soul to darker forces.

Your best port of call would be to contact their OEM department with an enquiry outlining what you need to do... though I would refrain from mentioning the word Cisco as it will only close doors.

The other approach that you could take would be to obtain the source itself from a Linux distribution and attept (in a long winder way) to port it back into a Windows Driver IDE - Intersil Linux code is open source anyway. However that idea could be three hair widths short of insanity.

Good luck.
 Top of the page
ChrisD
ChrisD Page Icon Posted 2006-01-17 5:07 PM
#
Thanks for your kind thoughts.

I am working most of those angles already. I read the code in a Linux distribution of the Intersil code base which supports Orinoco cards and some others with the Prism 2.5 chipset, and I think it will be possible to use that as a reference to adapt my existing C**** driver to work with the Prism Chipset. But it will be non trivial.

And Engenius is being helpful. But not releasing sources to me as yet. So just testing the waters in your pond....

Chris
 Top of the page
Origin
Origin Page Icon Posted 2006-07-11 2:42 PM
#
Hi Chris D, I am looking for almost the same thing. A CE (3.x 4.x or 5.x) wireless driver for x86 mini-pci. I've heard of drivers for other cards, but not at the signal strength and receive sensitivity as I need (such as the Senao NL-2511MP).

You can email me back at the ID name above @gmail.com

Thanks!
 Top of the page
TFGBD Page Icon Posted 2006-08-15 2:22 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Did you have a look at any of the Intersil Prisim 2.5 reference drivers listed here on HPC:Factor?
http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/h/0028.asp

I had a closer look and I can confirm that many of them do have an x86 build. The cabs are just not named as you would expect. They use the CEF Processor identifier "0" in their filenames for some odd reason...

For example, the cab found in the 2-01-01-0135_WinCE400.zip archive is named WLAN.0.CAB. Most of the CE 3 drivers also have an x86 CAB. I suggest you try all of the drivers on this site before you attempt to port a Linux driver to WinCE....

These drivers do seem to work fine on my emulated x86 devices.

Good luck and I hope this was helpful.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 8