x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Avantgo on the Jornada 680

Daniel
Daniel Page Icon Posted 2006-04-13 7:12 PM
#
I downloaded the latest version of avantgo for windows CE, but when I try to install it using my sync cable, I get the message that the device does not support the file. I know that others are using avantgo on the J680. I have enough memory for the program, but I have no idea why active sync 3.8 gives me this message. Please help! Any suggestions?

Thank you!
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-04-14 12:51 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

You said you installed the latest version. It probably doesn't include an H/PC Pro version, only H/PC 2000 and newer. Can you find an older version of AvantGo anywhere?
 Top of the page
mscdex Page Icon Posted 2006-04-14 4:17 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

According to Avantgo's support site, their software supports CE 2.x and later.

http://avantgo.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/avantgo.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=132&p_created=1103151262&p_sid=R1ycr-4i&p_lva=&p_sp=&p_li=&p_topview=1

Edit: You could try one of the download links from here: http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/s/0055.asp

Edited by mscdex 2006-04-14 4:21 AM
 Top of the page
Daniel
Daniel Page Icon Posted 2006-04-14 5:42 PM
#
Thank you for sending me to the HPC factor site where I could find the files. I found both a SH3 zip file and a mal zip file. I can see the files in both zipped files, but I am still not certain how to get the files into my Jornada device. I know how to use the explore function in active sync, but I am not sure what to do with the files. Do I manually place them into a folder on the Jornada? And if so, where should I place them? Then what do I do with the files?

I'm not new to computers, but this is the first HPC device I have owned.

Thank you for any suggestions.

Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-04-14 6:26 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

ZIP or CAB?
 Top of the page
dandeanna101
dandeanna101 Page Icon Posted 2006-04-14 8:19 PM
#
The file I downloaded from HPC factor is a zip file. I extracted the files inside and they are files such as 00agcore.002 and 0avantgo.001. I have no idea what kind of files these are or what to do with them. You'd think using avantgo would be a simple process, but apparently it is not.

Any ideas?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-04-14 8:59 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

no it is not a ZIP, it is a CAB.. don't extract it.... just copy it over to the hpc and install it by double clicking.
 Top of the page
dandeanna101
dandeanna101 Page Icon Posted 2006-04-15 11:41 AM
#
Thank you so very much for your advice. It worked and I am now using Avantgo! I really appreciate the time you took to help me out and I hope you have a great weekend!

Daniel
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 12