x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Newbie Needs Help With Jornada 728 Wireless

1 2
J0HN Page Icon Posted 2005-01-16 5:30 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

<p>I just received a Jornada 728 as a gift yesterday.   Which ORiNOCO driver should I download from the bottom of <a href="http://www.moonblinkwifi.com/pd_orinoco_wireless.cfm">http://www.moonblinkwifi.com/pd_orinoco_wireless.cfm</a>?   The card which came with the unit is pictured at the top of the page.  Will this card work with Jornada 728?</p><p>I have wireless network using a Linksys WRK54G router, which I know how to configure.  However, I am not sure how to load the driver to the Jornada once I get it.  </p><p>Any detailed instructions will be very appreciated.  I am just learning how do networking.   Thanks!!!</p>
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-01-16 9:01 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

John, Dan, whoever.

Please have a look for your specific model in the HCL and download it from in there.
 Top of the page
J0HN Page Icon Posted 2005-01-16 11:12 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Thanks, C-Amie. My name is Dan.  Here, "J0HN" is spell with a zero.  How do I install the driver on the Jornada?  It probably should be obvious; but I am on a steep learning curve. Thanks again!!!

Edited by J0HN 2005-01-16 11:17 PM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-01-17 8:05 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

1. Install ActiveSync 3.8

2. Connect your Jornada, create a partnership and sync

3. Inflate the zip file

4. Go into the WINCE300 folder

5. Run Setup.exe

If all is well it should sort itself out.
 Top of the page
J0HN Page Icon Posted 2005-01-17 9:52 AM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Well, all is not well.  First, I ran Setup.exe from its download location; then move its folder to the "Handheld_PC Synchronized Files" folder and ran it from there.  I got the same error message each time (see attached file).   As always, thanks for your help.

Edited by J0HN 2005-01-17 9:54 AM

Attachments
----------------
Attachments OrinocoDriver.doc (29KB - 37 downloads)
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-01-17 10:32 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Why are you moving it into synchronised files? You need to leave the installtion folder in Program Files.

It is a host installer, you just need to inflate the files to the desktop (do not try and double tap the exe in the zip).
http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/s/0046.asp

You need to have ActiveSync installed on the host as AppMGR is part of ActiveSync
 Top of the page
J0HN Page Icon Posted 2005-01-17 12:50 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

How does one delete a post? Thanks.

Edited by J0HN 2005-01-17 1:01 PM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-01-17 1:46 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

A Moderator or admin has to do it
 Top of the page
J0HN Page Icon Posted 2005-01-17 1:49 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

<p>C-Amie, I did attempt to install it from the download folder first. Since I got the error, I decided to try moving it; hoping it would resolve the error problem. Clearly, it did not. </p><p>Thanks for pointing me to <a href="http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/s/0046.asp">http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/s/0046.asp</a>. Now I'm getting a different error message (see attached file). </p><p>I now notice that "ORiNOCO CE Setup" does show up in the window. I reinstalled it; however, I still get the same error after re-installation. Any ideas? </p><p>As usual, thanks again.</p>

Edited by J0HN 2005-01-17 1:53 PM

Attachments
----------------
Attachments OrinocoCard.doc (29KB - 45 downloads)
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-01-17 2:08 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Dan,

We don't allow HTML posts on this forum. We have a Bulliting board language. See "MBBS Code: Yes" on the bottom left of the posting area.

Please uninstall any applications that you have installed for the CE device from Control Panel on the host.
Then connect your device and in ActiveSync open up the Add / Remove programs from the tools menu and use the remove button to uninstall anything else from the computer that hasn't already been removed.

Back in Control Panel on the host Uninstall ActiveSync 3.8 and reboot the computer.

Once restarted open up My Computer, browser to c:\program files\
delete the folder called "Microsoft ActiveSync" and if one exists "Windows CE Services"

Start > Run > Regedit > OK
Navigate to:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\
Delete the key called:
Windows CE Services

Be VERY careful when deleting things int he registry. I reocmmend you have a system backup to hand.

Do the same for
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\
With the key also named:
Windows CE Services

Reboot

Download ActiveSync 3.8 once again from the Sync Soft area in the main navigation.
Reboot
Establish your partnership again with the H/PC device and then try the driver installer once more.
 Top of the page
Dan
Dan Page Icon Posted 2005-01-17 3:56 PM
#
Thanks, C-Amie.

I installed the driver before I read your latest message. I disconnected the USB cable from the desktop and I turned off a text-to-speech program which was running. After that it, it readily installed.

Now I'll try to get it to access my wireless router. If I can't, I'll be back asking for assistance.

Thanks so much for your help.

Incidentally, I could not logon this time. I tried many times unsuccessfully. I even tried copy and paste, but it would not let me logon. Anyway, I am glad that I could post as a guest.

Sorry about the HTML post.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-01-17 4:24 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

OK, I'm glad you got it sorted. ActiveSync seems to get meddled with a lot. I should probably think about suggesting a cull before a AS reinstall in future.

Are you getting any specific errors back from the forum? What Browser / OS / device are you trying to log in on?
 Top of the page
Dan
Dan Page Icon Posted 2005-01-17 5:56 PM
#
C-Amie, the error reads: "Sorry, There was an error in either your username or your password. Please try again." I am using IE 6.0 on WinXP Pro.

Back to the Jornada 728. Now I can't associate with an Access Point? I configured the access point correctly. Are there any step-by-step reference for configuring the card via the Jornada. I did what I thought would work; but it does not.

Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks again. I appreciate your help.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-01-17 6:21 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Try using the forgotten password feature, have the server post you back the password.

I'm no use to you on WiFi I'm afraid.
Did you check the SSID etc, try killing off WPA and WEP.
 Top of the page
J0HN
J0HN Page Icon Posted 2005-01-18 8:03 AM
#
C-Amie, I am online with my Jornada as I write this post. I still don't known what logical steps I took to make this happen. My fear now is that it'll stop working and I won't be able to get back online again.

Thanks again for your help!!!
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.251 - Cached queries : 69 - Executed queries : 11