x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Sharp Mobilon HC-4500 PDF Viewer

DPSGUARD
DPSGUARD Page Icon Posted 2006-06-17 12:02 PM
#
Hello All,

I have a Sharp Mobilon HC-4500, MIPS 3000 with 32MB RAM and Win CE 3.01 running on it. I am trying to install Adobe Acrobat Reader 1.0 on it by following directions on this site and have made sure that the required dll libraries are in right directory as per link below:

http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/s/0084.asp

The program installs and does not complain. However, when I try to launch it, it comes up with an error message that AcroRd32 (or one of its components) can not be found. I have verified that this exe file (1.96MB) is there and clicking the same directly comes up with the same error message.

Other files under \program files\adobe\acrobat 1.0\reader are:
AGM, aygshell, cooltype, doclist, mfcce300 (all dlls) and plug_ins folder in additon to AcroRd32.exe.

I downloaded version 1.0 reader for MIPS from this website.

Further, what is the cheapest way to add 128MB or better memory to this device. I find that ATA flash cards are expensive. However, CF card with CF adapter might be cheaper. I do not want to spend more than $50 on this.

Please help.

Appreciate
 Top of the page
thcrw739 Page Icon Posted 2006-06-17 12:14 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Actully your running the windows ce 2.11 wich is hpc pro, the 3.01 is the appliction verison number..Unfortunetly Adobe acrobat cant be run on 2.11...

as for your memory situation, the cheapest route is to purchase a cf card and a adapter....
 Top of the page
DPSGUARD
DPSGUARD Page Icon Posted 2006-06-17 12:20 PM
#
Thanks for prompt response. So memory wise, I agree with you that CF solution should be the most economical. I will search eBay.

As to PDf Viewer, I believe I downloaded application which was mentioned to work on WinCe 2.0. Otherwise also device should have complained at the time of installation, which went very smooth. I have made sure that paths are right as well. Any other free PDF viewer that can work?

Appreciate again
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-06-17 7:38 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

well, you'll soon have the free pdf viewer.. check out the thread about it ..

the adobe will never work,. a smooth install does not mean anything...

Edited by cmonex 2006-06-17 7:39 PM
 Top of the page
DPSGUARD
DPSGUARD Page Icon Posted 2006-06-17 8:34 PM
#
Thanks. I hope that will work on my mobilon.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.222 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 11