x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Mini-PCI Wireless for x86?

Origin
Origin Page Icon Posted 2006-07-12 10:31 AM
#
I'm a newbie, and terribly sorry if this is the wrong forum. I haven't been able to find an x86 wireless CE community.

I'm urgently looking for a 100mw or better mini-PCI card that supports 4.x or 5.0 on an x86. If I find CE support, it's either for non-x86 or doesn't have a good enough power.

Thanks!

You can also reply to me at: origin

@ gmail .com.

BTW: I found these forums because this website has a plethora of wireless drivers but no recent ones for x86.

Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-07-19 10:33 AM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

What device are you using?
Also, do you mean a PCMCIA card?
Also, please read the rules:

Peer support exists for users to assist with solving problems and not for abusing.
We ask that posters do not ask for replies via e-mail unless it is vital in the process of solving a problem. If users cannot be bothered with returning to the forum to check for updates, you should not post at all.

EDIT: Mods, please move this to Hardware support, or somewhere else

Edited by tenjeangosi 2006-07-19 10:41 AM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-07-19 1:24 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

it seems to me this is about ce.net 4.x or 5.0. correct?

sorry, i didn't find a x86 ce.net wlan driver :/
 Top of the page
TFGBD Page Icon Posted 2006-08-15 4:00 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Hey. Discussing custom Windows CE devices with an x86 processor is just fine here on HPCFactor. I even encourage it! In fact, this may be the only place on the web where they can be mentioned and you will not receive blank stares or 30 replys like "lol there is no ppcs wiht x86" and the like. Its way more on-topic than mentioning Windows Mobile 5 Pocket PCs.

What x86 Windows CE device do you have? Is it a consumer/industrial device or a custom device you created yourself. There are plenty of x86 drivers in the Prisim reference driver packages hosted here on HPC:Factor. Did you try all of those already.

Good luck finding more drivers. I know how much of a pain it can be to find software for x86 Windows CE. That is why I created my x86 Windows CE software list. There is much more available software than you would expect and it is constantly growing as I come across more apps or compile them myself. In fact, I'm compiling some as I type this. Check out this thread to get an idea of what software I have compiled so far: http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=5471&start=1

Check out my x86 Windows CE Software list here: http://www.cosmopod.com/mysite/tfgbd/x86%20CE%20software.txt
Its updated constantly so check it often!

Seeya.

Edited by TFGBD 2006-08-15 4:04 AM
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 9