x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Help with VNC on MP770?

Desertway Page Icon Posted 2006-07-25 10:18 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I went through the tutorials. I installed the HPC viewer and the VNC 3.3.7 host (4.0 didn't work at all). I used the config recommended by the tutorials. I have disabled windows firewall. I'm on XP home.

I launch the viewer, plug in my IP addy, I get the password screen and enter the password. Then I get the "please wait...initial screen loading" message on what looks like the VNC viewer window. It hovers for a moment, then the screen goes black, and then I'm back to my HPC desktop.

Has anyone been through this?

Thanks.
 Top of the page
mingchenzs Page Icon Posted 2006-10-02 5:34 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

try this...before you connect to the server...click"option"->choose "RAW" and Restrict pixels to 8-bit...and have fun...

my hp 690 can work with this...
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-10-02 6:29 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Also, I don't recommend you disable the Windows firewall if you are leaving yourself without a firewall running. Just create a new rule for Port 5900 - which is "servername:0".
You might also find a few tips in my review: http://www.hpcfactor.com/qlink/?linkID=68
 Top of the page
Desertway Page Icon Posted 2006-10-02 10:42 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Thanks, C:Amie. I did as you suggested with the Firewall, and was able to make the connection. However, it won't stay connected. I altered the settings as recommended above. I connect, get the "initial screen loading" screen on the HPC, then the screen on the HPC goes black with a top file menu, and the wallpaper on my desktop PC disappears. Two seconds later the Viewer shuts itself off, and the PC goes back to normal.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-10-03 7:03 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I would keep fiddling with those viewer setting and also ensure that you have plenty of free storage and program memory - this is all being buffered on the device after all. If you are conencted to a high res desktop, then you need extra oodles of RAM. Perhaps try dropping the res to 640x480 for an experiment?

Incidentally 4.x didn't work because of this: http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/s/0060.asp
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 10