x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Mobilepro 400 Discussion Zone

1 2 3
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2009-05-14 4:13 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

It sounds like you may have problems with the hardware in that case. CE 1 connectivity can be a little painful, but it is very much possible.
 Top of the page
Gandydancer Page Icon Posted 2009-05-14 5:24 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

NEC - 2009-05-13 6:55 PM

W...if ANYBODY ever gets a mobilepro 400 and wants to transfer files from it to a laptop, go and buy one of those PCMCIA adapter cards for 20$, and a compact flash memory card - 1GB. Good Luck!

Is that just a suggestion, or did it work?
 Top of the page
Gandydancer Page Icon Posted 2009-05-14 5:56 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Gandydancer - 2009-05-06 6:02 AM

OK, so if I can get HPSIR (and not a later IrDA) working on one of the XP's COM ports then H/PC Explorer 1.1 ought to recognize and handle the communication. So my next step is to dig up the diabetes meter's USB-IR dongle and see if I can configure it that way.

Umm... Except I think that the MobilePro docs only talk about using the infrared to sync two handheld devices, and the 400's Control Panel only offers one path to communicate with the desktop PC (or modem?), "Desktop @ 19200", so it may insist on using the RS232. Or does "Desktop @ 19200" control both paths in some intelligent fashion?

Oh, well. I'll dig out the IR dongle and have a go at it when I do.

Apparently, instead of posting on this thread, I should have posted on http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1360&posts=7&start=1 even though it's even older?

Anyway, C:Amie neglected to mention that I WILL need to dig out a Win 95 or 98 machine to sync up the MobilePro 400 iaw http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/c/0020.asp and that using my XP machine won't work iaw http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/c/0021.asp . Maybe he forgot. Or, provides good info, but has a tendency to nip newcomers.
 Top of the page
NEC
NEC Page Icon Posted 2009-05-14 4:02 PM
#
The reply above your post is not, repeat not, a suggestion. If you have a mobilepro 400 like me, and like me, you are/were on the verge of being served divorce papers because you locked yourself in a room for 14 hours with 2 laptops and a dektop, trying to transfer data with a null modem cable to either WIN XP or even WIN 95! - - - then... (deep breath) Save your money on the lawyer and really do yourself a favor because I bought a PCMCIA compact flash adapter card and a 1 GB CF card, and presto, I can transfer files. If all you want to do is transfer files, like me, and if your PCMCIA slot on the Mobilepro 400 works, like mine, then go for it!
 Top of the page
Gandydancer Page Icon Posted 2009-05-15 2:07 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thanks for the clarification. $20 is considerably more than I have invested in my 400, but I'll keep an eye out for a PCMCIA memory card adapter now that I know it works. I was concerned that like the PCMCIA ethernet adapter which I picked up (for my shelf, because it was very cheap, despite already having been told it wouldn't work in the 400's slot, which I haven't confirmed) it wouldn't work for lack of CE 1.0 support.

For now I'm on to playing with a more recent acquisition, my first semi-modern laptop, an Apple G3 "Tangerine" clamshell, and I'm mothballing the 400 until I turn up a few more pieces.

Edited by Gandydancer 2009-05-15 2:09 AM
 Top of the page
Prof Quatermass Page Icon Posted 2009-10-12 11:10 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hi,
I've owned a MobilePro 400 for years now and it still gets used sometimes. I'm not sure why I'm so attached to it. Maybe it's because the NEC was my first Win CE machine.
Mine came with a Win CE 2.0 upgrade - a chip that just slots into the chassis once the original is removed.
It's actually a really great little machine, compact, fairly efficient and not too slow. I have a couple of extra programmes loaded via a CF card - Wordcount and a keymapper (I need that to get a £ sign in Pocket Word, this being a US HPC).
The keyboard is suprisingly comfortable and I can touch type fairly quickly.
I like the percentage remaining figure in the battery power meter as well.
Don't think I'll ever part with it,
The Prof
 Top of the page
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 10