x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

flanker2 Page Icon Posted 2006-10-16 7:49 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I dont suppose anyone has got Avantgo working on their Power Hand Held?

I have tried to do this at least three different ways:

Latest V6.2 (beta) Avantgo client - Client runs without errors on the handheld but I seem to be unable to get the desktop PC part of the app (under XP) to add a server profile. Well I can add it but it never gets saved when I leave the Edit Server Profile screen

V6.0 Avantgo client - again the client seems to work on the PHH but it prevents this prevents the use of PIE to browse the data. Seems also to have sync through active sync after a bit of fiddling, but the client doesn't work.

V3.3 Avantgo client - as recommended here

http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/s/0055.asp

for older HPC (like the J720). This seems the most promising as the files sync properly with Active Sync, but app / dll still doesn't work properly on the PHH. All the files go into the folders on the PHH but Pocket Internet Explorer doesn't recogniose them - and the CE client app doesn't work - and indeed seems to crash part of the CE4.1 user interface.

I know Avantgo is 'old hat', but the PHH is ideal for browsing offline, and much as I love RSS feeds with live GPRS lyncs. They don't work on the underground trains.

Any help getting the V3.3 solutionh working (with 640x480 access to the files in PIE) would be ideal

Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 58 - Executed queries : 9