x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

3c589d on Ericsson MC16 (a.k.a. HP 320lx)

only4pro
only4pro Page Icon Posted 2005-03-01 3:18 PM
#
How do I connect to internet with my hpc? Got ce 2.0 + sp1 + nsp, but when I insert the card, it asks name for Unidentified PCCard Driver name: Network card in Socket 1.

What should I type there? Can I surf the internet directly, or only connect to a PC?

The light on the dongle blinks once when card inserted, but not after that, and also no light on my hub.

The card works fine in WinXP

Thnx,,
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-03-01 3:36 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Top of the page
only4pro
only4pro Page Icon Posted 2005-03-01 3:55 PM
#
Nope, wont work, installed the fix, that went ok, reset and insert card, asks for driver, I wrote 3c589.dll, then the card starts blinking like On Off On Off Off Off On Off On Off Off Off and just keeps going like that, and I get no 3com tray icon

Thnx,,
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-03-01 4:41 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Do you get a DHCP error from it after a minute or two?
 Top of the page
only4pro
only4pro Page Icon Posted 2005-03-02 7:17 AM
#
Don't know, I must leave it on for awhile and try, but don't think so. I manually configured the 3c589 driver in \control panel\network, I have a firewall at home so I use 192.168.0.x adresses. I'm using Telewell Broadband\Firewall\Switch (Don't know if Telewell says you something, its a popular manufacturer here in Finland)

If I rapidly remove and reconnect the dongle a couple of times, I get the light on the dongle to stay on. (But still no icon in tray or on the switch)

How can I check if I got Service Pack 1 installed ok?

Also, when I installed the 3com driver cab, I couldn't write over some files, I think it was ne2000.dll and dhcp.dll and mayby some other, I get the error message (aprox): File in use or in ROM

Thnx
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-03-02 9:37 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

SP1 isn't the LAN update, it is our NSP which provides the LAN update.

Is a hard reset an option for you?
http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/s/0034.asp

It would be the fastest way to know whether the problem lies with a software misconfiguration.
You would perform an ActiveSync backup, hard reset, test and restore the backup of course.

The next step is to ensure that the EPROM on the adapter is set correctly:
http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/h/0022.asp

also that the PCMCIA slot is working with other hardware.
 Top of the page
only4pro
only4pro Page Icon Posted 2005-03-02 4:59 PM
#
Hard resetted, installed sp1 + nsp + 3c589 (manually, copied the files to CF and used CF to PCMCIA adapter (to test the pcmcia interface), installed in that order,
know when I put the card in, it asks for driver for Unidentified Network card, I enter 3c589.dll, the dialog disapears, the dongle blinks about 20seconds, the stay on, but not on the switch, and I get no tray icon.

When I run the 3c589cfg, I can't change anything there, because the irq 10 is already in use on that computer. It is currently set to io 300, irq 10, but the coax/tp is set to autosence, and I can't get that changed. Could the problem be there?

BTW, if/when I get this to work, will I be able to surf the internet, or only connect to host PC?

Thnx

Top of the page
Only4pro
Only4pro Page Icon Posted 2005-03-02 5:03 PM
#
C:Amie - 2005-03-02 9:37 AM

SP1 isn't the LAN update, it is our NSP which provides the LAN update.

Yeah, but doesn't the NSP need SP1?

Tnhx,,
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-03-02 5:58 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

You did download the 2.00 drivers and not the 2.11 drivers, right?

Your LAN is Twisted Pair based (RJ45) and not coax (BNC) I'm assuming too.

You will be able to surf the internet, email, ftp, IM and all the rest so long as you can do it on any other workstation on your LAN.
 Top of the page
only4pro
only4pro Page Icon Posted 2005-03-04 11:56 AM
#
Yep, know pretty much about computers, been working at a repair shop a couple of years now, and I know that I have tp, but the thing is that I can't change the settings in 3c589cfg (It says autosence there).

I'm running out of options, I think I'm gonna sell my ericsson pretty soon, I got it as a gift, so its not my primary hpc, I'm using my laptop + nokia 7610 series 60 mobile phone (I know, its not a hpc or ever a ppc).

I'm just trying this for fun, so it's not so important that I get this working, even if it would be nice.

Thnx,,
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-03-04 12:21 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

With networking the devil is always in the detail.

I have an email in my inbox from a 589D user who got it working on the H/PC, so I do know that the particular card works - at least on this individuals device.

If vxUtil is not giving you any device information I would perhaps try the orginal installer to be sure you are installing the 2.00 driver, allowing it to over-write anything it wants to.
You can get it from 3Com.com
 Top of the page
only4pro
only4pro Page Icon Posted 2005-03-05 8:26 AM
#
Looked in at 3com.com but didn't find any drivers. I downloaded the 3com driver that I found here at hpc, size something round 600kb, the driver for 2.11 is over 2mb. haven't tried vxutil, must try it when I get home.

Anyone from finland that would like to buy a MC16??? I know a cheap on (=my)

Thnx,,
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-03-05 9:02 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Top of the page
only4pro
only4pro Page Icon Posted 2005-03-05 10:47 AM
#
Little problem there... I can't find my WinCE cdrom... I used the cab file from the link you gave me earlier, and it says that install ok, but don't know. have to try the vxutil late this evening..

Thnx,,

Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-03-05 11:30 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

The CESD is really an amazing place.. shame I'm the only one who ever uses it
http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/s/0075.asp
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 65 - Executed queries : 8